Graduate Defence Conference Producer - Smi Group
- Up to £23,000 + Commission
- Apply by:
- 18th November 2018
- Start date:
- Job type:
- Graduate job
The SMi Group are seeking a Graduate Defence conference producer to work in their defence and security portfolio.
The role of a conference producer is to gather commercial research and market intelligence in order to create a value driven agenda that mirrors the needs of the markets you are working in. Once this agenda is written and validated by the industry, you will contact key industry figures and market experts to invite them to present briefings and knowledge at the conference itself. The goal is to create a complete conference programme full of expert speakers that will help other parts of the industry advance their processes and capabilities by attending.
Once the conference is being marketed and sold by your conference team, you are then the person project managing and supporting other job functions ensure the event is a success, both in terms of market delivery and commercially for the business.
This role will suit a candidate with high intelligence, a very proactive work ethic and driven approach to telephone and face to face research. This person will also be a natural relationship builder and feel comfortable engaging with senior figures who shape and lead the defence industry.
The candidate will need a minimum 2:1 degree from a top 30 University and will be willing to learn and develop within of one of the event industries most prolific conference portfolios.
If you like many other graduates are seeking the move out of your first job into something more challenging, rewarding and with bags of career progression, this may well be the job for you!
• The ability to assimilate information quickly and effectively
• Strong analytical and research skills
• A tenacious and enthusiastic approach
• Good time management capabilities and a can do approach
• A commercial outlook on industry
• The ability to deal with senior ranking directors and public sector individuals on a one to one basis whether face to face or by telephone
• Strong project management skills
• Excellent one to one communication and team skills
• Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Access and Outlook
• A willingness to learn and improve on a daily basis
An interest in the defence and security market is preferred, but certainly not essential.
Salary: £23,000 per annum plus bonuses
To apply for this job, please click on the "apply now" button.
Sign up for job alerts - its free