|Salary:||£24,000 to £29,000 plus benefits|
|Location:||North West, Stockport|
|Sectors:||Computing & IT, Science & Technology|
Pure Innovations Limited are looking for a database and IT administrator who will be responsible for the performance, integrity and security of our systems. In addition you will also be involved in the planning, development and training of current systems, as well as troubleshooting any issues on behalf of the users.
The role also combines system support for other applications and MS Office products across the organisation, along with the ordering and installation of hardware (Laptops / PC’s and peripheral devices).
• Establishing the needs of users and monitoring user access and security;
• Monitoring performance (Hardware/Software/Connections) and managing responses to front-end users;
• Considering both back-end organisation of data and front-end accessibility for end-users;
• Ensure data remains consistent across databases;
• Modify case recording system;
• Users can access in a form that suits their needs;
• Ensure there is provision for data security and recovery control (all data is retrievable in an emergency).
• Refine system design so that it can be translated into a requirement specification;
• Installing and testing new versions of systems, packages and operating systems;
• Maintaining data standards, including adherence to the Data Protection Act;
• Writing documentation, including data standards, procedures, policies and definitions;
• Controlling access permissions and privileges;
• Order new equipment as directed;
• Managing and testing back-up and recovery internal and external plans;
• Ensuring that storage and archiving procedures are functioning correctly;
• Working closely with IT programme manager;
• Communicating regularly with suppliers to ensure database integrity and security;
• Commissioning and installing new applications and customising existing applications in order to make them fit for purpose;
• Support training on systems, packages and devices;
• Support SLA Management;
• Support Data Extraction
• £24,000 to £29,000 a year.
Working hours are usually 35. Weekend work maybe necessary as some maintenance and development work needs to be undertaken during periods of low usage.
What to expect
• The working environment is informal on occasion some work needs to be carried out from home or from other remote locations.
• You'll find that the work can be demanding and there can be significant pressure to ensure that systems operate smoothly.
A degree in any subject but the following will be particularly useful:
• Computer science;
• Computer software/computer systems engineering;
• Information technology;
Relevant HND subject areas include physical, mathematical and applied science. A HND in computer studies, software engineering or information technology in particular may increase your chances of entry.
Entry without a degree or HND is possible for those with good all-round IT skills and experience. This must be evidenced.
• Communication, teamwork and negotiation skills (Verbal and Written);
• Problem-solving and good analytical skills;
• Flexibility and adaptability;
• Good organisational skills;
• The skill to work to tight deadlines under pressure;
• The ability to create and maintain strong working relationships with colleagues and customers;
• An understanding of information legislation, such as the Data Protection Act;
• MS Office (in particular Excel);
• Windows 8 and 10;
• Sage report writing
• Familiarity of the principles of database design;
• Business awareness and understanding of business requirements of IT;
• A willingness to keep up to date with developments in new technology;
• A commitment to continuing professional development (CPD);
• SQL and ODBC knowledge;
Click the apply now button to submit your application.
Competitive plus benefits London ASAP
£23,500 + Benefits Nationwide ASAP
competitive London ASAP
Competitive plus benefits West Midlands, Malvern ASAP
£18k to £20k + uncapped commission & benefits South East, South West, London, North West, Scotland, Yorkshire ASAP
Competitive plus benefits London, Tilbury, East Tilbury ASAP
Competitive plus benefits International (Europe), Nationwide Ongoing
£30,491 (rising to £32,963 after 1 year) London ASAP
£22,000 to £25,000 depending on experience plus benefits London ASAP
£23,000 + benefits London ASAP
£28,000 plus excellent benefits South East, London ASAP
£27,000 plus benefits Nationwide 1-Sep-2017
£30,000 plus benefits London, Central London ASAP
£24k in Year 1 (£45k in Year 2) depending on experience plus benefits plus OTE plus Bonus plus expenses salary review Watford, London, The East ASAP
18,000 to 60,0000 negotiable depending on experience plus benefits plus OTE plus Bonus London, Stratford, Central London ASAP
£24,000 to £26,000 depending on experience South East, Reading ASAP
£15,000 to £20,000 plus benefits plus Bonus plus expenses plus share scheme salary review South West ASAP
£31,452 plus Flexible Working plus benefits Central, Cheltenham ASAP