Graduate Customer Relations Partner - Silva Homes
- £25,000 / year
- South East, Nationwide, Bracknell
- Apply by:
- 18th September 2019
- Start date:
- Job type:
- Graduate job
2 Reasons why the candidate should apply:
- A great graduate opportunity with a leading social housing association
- Outstanding training and development throughout the scheme
Summarise the job in two sentences:
As the Graduate Customer Relations Partner, you will work across a designated patch of properties to manage and be accountable for customer relationship matters, and income recovery. You will deliver directly a range of tenancy services, and collaborate and gain support from specialist teams in the customer relations directorate and the assets & growth directorates in order to achieve this objective.
Describe the client:
Silva Homes is a vibrant, confident and independent award winning housing association with ambitious plans, backed by strong finances and excellent colleagues. Established in 2008 as a stock transfer association, Silva Homes have added 800 homes to their property portfolio, and are continuing to significantly invest in and improve, their homes and services to customers.
Silva Homes have around 220 employees providing services to 7,500 homes.
Describe the key responsibilities:
- You will be visible and approachable, understand local issues, work collaboratively, and be the trusted face of organisational accountability for the quality of homes and services we provide.
- You will provide a wide range of tenancy services (including tenancy compliance and fraud; lettings, transfers and exchanges; anti-social behaviour) in your patch of circa 500 homes.
- You will, for your patch of circa 500 properties, manage all income recovery activity (including rents, service charges, recharges, costs etc) from current and former customers in rented accommodation which will include carrying out visits in the field.
- You will ensure that in your work there is a clear focus on tackling non-compliance (including taking enforcement action including attending court proceedings) as well as supporting customers who need help to avoid tenancy failure.
- You will, for your patch, use predictive data analytics to direct a range of contacts and early interventions (working collaboratively with area-based tenancy and hub colleagues) to achieve the best balance of digital and personal contact to maximise income recovery.
- You will take ownership of customer queries and see them through to a successful resolution.
- You will build positive open and trusted relationships with elected members, residents’ groups, local authority departments, the police and other key partners operating in your patch particularly on issues that require a multi-agency approach to resolution.
- You will work to identify those customers at high risk of tenancy failure, prioritising support and where required procuring specialist advice and action through the tenancy support coordinator and money adviser services.
- You will work closely with the customer relations (access & support) team to deliver a streamlined on-boarding of new customers including coordinating the availability and suitability of empty homes in the area.
- You will work collaboratively with all customer relations teams, particularly those in the environment division, to ensure a coordinated and accountable local service response and customer experience.
- You will play a key role on customer relationship management in relation to asset related services, including taking an active part in any major investment, regeneration or development projects, on your patch.
- You will ensure that you are fully aware of your safeguarding responsibilities and act as a focal point for internal and external communication and action on your patch including the attendance at case conferences.
- You will look at ways to improve the customer experience and you will be open to new ideas and innovations.
Describe the successful candidate:
Qualifications and other requirements
- Driving license and vehicle
Skills and experiences
- Very high customer service ethic
- Understands the needs and service requirements of customers and communities
- Good partnership working skills
- Decisive problem solver and decision maker
- Good inter-personal skills
- Ability to build excellent internal and external relationships
- Works with high levels of integrity, confidentiality and respect
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Good IT skills and understanding of how digital services can help improve the customer experience
- Well organised, self-disciplined
- Flexible and willing to adapt to change
- Open to working remotely and being visible on estates
- Willing to work out of hours in response to emergency situations
What is on offer for the candidate:
We provide a wide range of benefits that help us to invest in colleagues and their aspirations, to support them to work in the way they want and that makes sure we recognise, reward and look after our employees. We are also constantly reviewing this and looking at ways to improve our offer.
Investing in you
A strong established pension scheme with employer contributions up to 12%
- Support to gain new skills to be at your best
- Investment in qualifications that will help you to develop in your role
- Payment of professional fees and subscriptions
- Uniforms, tools and vehicles for accredited people in trades and supportive housing areas
- Digital devices to help you work where you need to, because we know work and life extends beyond the office
- Free office parking
- Paid volunteering opportunities
- A competitive market salary
- Recognition awards
Looking after you
- 28 days annual leave entitlement
- A rewarding buy and sell leave scheme
- A comprehensive employee assistance programme to provide confidential advice when you need it
- Flu jab vouchers
- Eye care and spectacle vouchers
- Access to various health and wellbeing activities
- Discounted gym membership option
- Health cash back plan option
Click the apply button below to apply today!
Sign up for job alerts - its free