Graduate Communications System Engineer - Airbus
- Salary of £27,000, plus a welcome payment of £2,000.
- South East, Portsmouth, Stevenage
- Apply by:
- 18th November 2018
- Start date:
- Job type:
- Graduate job
Start date: September 2019
Location: Stevenage or Portsmouth
Application closing date: 4th November 2018
Our UK Graduate Programme provides exceptional graduates the opportunity to master managerial and technical skills. Over the two year period it combines rotational placements with focused training and the possibility of European assignments as well as further personal development and the chance to build your professional network.
From day one, you will be assigned to a particular department and will be guided through the various placement opportunities that exist within your function, the wider business and even with customers and suppliers. This, along with training provided works to ensure you are ready and experienced enough to take the next step of your career following the programme's conclusion.
We are presently looking for a Graduate Systems Engineer to join our Communications Product Engineering group. This role can be based from our Portsmouth or Stevenage site but includes scope to travel across our other UK sites. You will gain hands-on experience in all facets of Systems Engineering from Architecture Design through to Integration, Commission and Test and will have the opportunity to deal with challenging situations in a real world conditions. Also you will have access to a catalogue of training, both online and in person, which will enable you to develop your skills and experience.
Through the two-year Graduate Development Programme (GDP), you will receive a structured introduction to Systems Engineering within the space industry by working around the business to build experience of the end-to-end engineering process, as well as the interaction between Engineering and the associated Business activities (Finance, Quality, Project Management etc.)
The role involves working within the UK Defence industry, requiring the applicant to be capable of being security cleared to a UK SC level.
Your main tasks and responsibilities will include:
- Participation in the Graduate Engineer Training Programme
- Attendance of Graduate Training courses - Enthusiasm, desire and ability to develop into a Systems Engineer, where tasks will be:
- Communications System Requirements analysis - System specification development
- RF systems performance analysis o Satellite Ground Terminal system design o RF System test strategy development and Validation, Verification and Test plan documentation
This role will involve travel to European Airbus D&S sites and international Suppliers/Customers. As such you must be able to travel accordingly.
This job requires an awareness of any potential compliance risks and a commitment to act with integrity, as the foundation for the Company's success, reputation and sustainable growth.
We are looking for applicants with the following skills and experience:
- Educated to degree level (or equivalent) in Electronics-based
Engineering or a similar discipline
- Analytical skills and logical approach to problem resolution
- Ability to convert system-level requirements into solutions
- Ability to understand the interaction between various system elements (software/firmware/hardware) to generate a complete system solution
- Ability to understand a range of system abstraction levels from a 'whole-system architecture' level to 'bits & bytes' level - Teamwork and leadership attributes with excellent communication skills
This role will be based in either Stevenge or Portsmouth (location is flexible) and will receive the full Airbus Defence & Space Graduate programme benefit package including an annual Salary of £27,000, plus a welcome payment of £2,000.
Applications will be accepted from 17th September 2018 - 4th November 2018.
Please let us know if you need us to make any adjustments. Examples of this may include (but is not exclusive to) accessible facilities; additional time for written exercises; auxiliary aids; room layout; dietary requirements etc. If you wish to discuss this further please contact via email email@example.com. Any information disclosed will be treated in the strictest confidence.
Airbus is committed to achieving workforce diversity and creating an inclusive working environment. We welcome all applications irrespective of social and cultural background, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation or religious belief.
Sign up for job alerts - its free