Graduate Cloud Platform Engineer
- 30,000 to 30,000 + benefits with salary review
- London, Aldgate, Bishopsgate
- 17th May 2020
- Start date:
- Job type:
- Graduate job
Trainee Graduate Cloud Platform Engineer - Greater London (Hays Middlesex)
Are you a graduate interested in a career in Technology?
Rackspace is a global leader of managed hosting. Tens of thousands of customers look to us to deliver best solution for their IT needs. Rackspace are looking to take on a number of Graduate Engineers to join their teams. You will receive 6 weeks specialist training in niche technologies by QA Consulting in Central London at their International House, Head Office, before joining the Rackspace team full time in Hays, Middlesex.
We are hiring 12 Junior Cloud Platform Engineers to join our expanding team!
Key Responsibilities may include
- Build, operate and support AWS Cloud environments
- Respond to customer support requests via tickets and phone calls within response time SLAs
- Ticket Queue Management and Ticket triaging - escalating to senior engineers when required & handing over ongoing issues to 24x7 shifts
- Troubleshoot performance degradation or loss of service as time critical incidents
- Assist customers in the configuration of backup, patching and monitoring of servers and services
- Build customer solutions, leveraging automation and delivery mechanisms for efficiency and scalability
- Drive strong customer satisfaction (NPS) through Fanatical Support
- Ownership of issues, including collaboration with other teams and escalation
- Support the success and development of others in the team
What to Expect
- You will receive up to 6 weeks training delivered by QA Consulting held in Central London, International House.
- The training is free
- Starting salary of £30,000 per annum post training
During training you will gain:
Knowledge in the following fields:
- Introduction to Cloud & Networking, Storage, Compute
- Consultancy Skills
- Linux & Advanced Linux
- Networking and Database Fundamentals
- Cloud Fundamentals
- Python Basics and Python advanced + API Development
- CI & CD
- AWS Tech Essentials
- Architecting on AWS
- AWS & Terraform
Skills and competencies
- 2:1 in any STEM related degree or and a passion to start your career in technology
- Driven to learn new technologies and keep up with the fast paced environment of Public Cloud and the associated tools and software that add value in this area
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written
- Must have Some exposure to one of the following languages: Python, Java, C# OR C++
Our People — and Our Customers — Have Made Us the #1 Managed Cloud Company
We accelerate the value of the cloud during every phase of digital transformation. By managing apps, data, security and multiple clouds, we are the best choice to help customers get to the cloud, innovate with new technologies and maximize their IT investments. We have been honored by Fortune, Forbes, Glassdoor and others as one of the best places to work. Join us on our mission to build the world's best technology services company.
Recognized as a leader in Public Cloud Infrastructure Managed Service Providers, Worldwide
We're a leader in the Gartner Magic Quadrant for Public Cloud Infrastructure Managed Service Providers, Worldwide 2018
More on Rackspace
Rackers aren't all alike. We look different. We think uniquely. We are from many places and our beliefs & backgrounds vary. But, being a Racker — a valued member of a winning team on an inspiring mission - is what connects us all. Rackers are encouraged to bring their whole self to work every day, as we know that unique perspectives fuel innovation and enable us to best serve our customers & communities around the globe. We welcome you to apply today and want you to know that we are committed to offering equal employment opportunity without regard to age, color, disability, gender, gender reassignment or identity or expression, genetic information, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity status, military or veteran status, nationality, ethnic or national origin, race, religion or belief, sexual orientation, or any legally protected characteristic. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
Please apply now for immediate consideration.
QA Consulting Limited
QA Consulting is a leading provider of specialist software, IT and fully managed services in finance, Government and commercial markets.
QA Consulting Limited Interview Reviews
20 September 2018
It was a one on one interview covering some competency questions and going over your interest in the role, and CV. You are pulled aside during the group task at any time so you...
04 September 2018
It started with phone interview, where it asked basic questions about my knowledge, education and the role, after passing the phone interview I was invited to join assessment day...
15 May 2018
Normally, the assessment days are held at Worthing, outskirts of Brighton. However, NETBuilder managed to book a conference room with Manchester University, thus the assessment...
Sign up for job alerts - its free