Graduate Client Account Manager 2019 - Capgemini (London & Telford)
- London, West Midlands, Telford
- Apply by:
- 10th July 2019
- Start date:
- Job type:
- Graduate job
Who you’ll be working with
You will be working as part of our Public Sector unit in the UK. This market facing team comprises mainly of Account Managers who own the client relationships. They work as trusted advisors and together with our clients, they take complex business issues and drive innovation to meet our client’s needs. Internally, our Account Managers work collaboratively with the delivery teams in Capgemini, as well as partners to create and deliver leading edge business and technology solutions that drive results and excite our clients. Our portfolio is broad, covering large government departments across the Tax and Welfare, Public Security, Police, Justice, Health and Environment as well as Local and devolved Governments. We are helping the UK government solve some of its biggest and most critical challenges.
The focus of your role
We are looking for people who love building great relationships with clients and who naturally engender trust from those they work with. You will have responsibility from Day1, working alongside experts in different disciplines and you will need to thrive in a fast-paced environment. You will be stretched but just as importantly trusted and you will have all the support you need from the wider team to be successful.
You will first develop an understanding of how Capgemini works with Public Sector clients to deliver positive outcomes that solve their challenges. As you develop, you will build up a broad base of knowledge for your future with us. You will be expected to use your own initiative and personal drive to produce successful results and it goes without saying that team working will be crucial to your success. At an appropriate point in your development, having absorbed the various aspects of the business you will move into a full account management role, taking on responsibility for your own client contacts as part of a wider account team or for your own account.
What you’ll do
- You will be involved in a variety of activities with the focus on building relationships and winning new business, by
- Providing support to the account team on the development of Account plans, including market and competitor analysis
- Reviewing, analysing, and responding to tenders within Public Sector procurement processes.
- Working closely with our resourcing and delivery teams shaping solutions
- Contributing to written proposals and client presentations
- Meeting with your client stakeholders to understand their needs
- Develop forecasts and reports for senior management
- Bid Management of small opportunities including control of business development costs
- Supporting the account managers in their lead roles in contractual, delivery and commercial situations
- Support of internal operations, including pipeline management and preparation of key month end materials,
- Building your own network of internal, supplier, partner and client relationships
What you’ll bring
- A bachelor’s degree. A placement year in a similar environment/company is desirable.
- Excellent communication skills, including oral, listening, written and presentation skills
- An eagerness to build relationships with clients and colleagues alike
- Confidence to be able to set and manage your own goals and workload
- A broad appreciation of technology, manifesting into an understanding of how organisations can be transformed through technology with a strong desire to continue to grow technology knowledge. A knowledge of digital and cloud technology and their current relevance in today's market would be beneficial
- Critical thinking skills
- An ability to think strategically
- Consultative behaviors
- An ability to thrive under pressure
- Strong commercial awareness
Please note: to meet the security clearance requirements you'll need to have lived in the UK for the past five years. If you have spent more than six months outside of the UK during the past five years we will unfortunately not be able to consider your application for this role.
What we’ll offer you
An industry-leading career. Access to innovative projects – and entrepreneurial colleagues. A team atmosphere where horizon-expanding challenges are matched with limitless professional opportunities. At Capgemini, we don't just have a passion for the potential within technology, we live and breathe it. It's a passion that our people share too. So, if you want to work in an organisation that celebrates ambition and creativity, and rewards hard work with a flexible benefits package that can be tailored to your life-stage, then you'll be a natural fit here.
Why we’re different
At Capgemini, we know that one solution doesn't fit all. We appreciate that outstanding technical solutions become all the more outstanding when ingenuity is applied to a thought-process. And we know that the secret to any successful organisation lies not just in the quality of work that it is producing, but in the people, who are behind this work. It is precisely this that makes Capgemini such a force to be reckoned with. Committed to applying ground-breaking technical approaches to organisations across a myriad of industries around the globe, we help our clients become more agile, competitive and successful.
Working collaboratively, our multidisciplinary people work in partnership with one another to help their clients achieve their goals. And with over 200,000 people and nearly 130 nationalities under our wing, plus an inclusive and diverse community where everyone is welcome, we nurture a team ethos that ensures we are truly representative of the colourful clients that we support.
This inclusive spirit extends to ensuring every member of our organisation is finding the ideal work/life balance. Whether that means part-time work, flexible hours or a condensed week, we will find the right working approach if you are the right person for the job. Empowering our people to discover what they are truly capable of, at Capgemini we will give you all the support you need to shape the future and bring your ideas to life.
At Capgemini, academics form part of our overall hiring decision but we don’t screen out purely on the basis of academic performance. We will assess your suitability for a role using a number of tools including strengths and critical reasoning assessments, video assessment and assessment centres.
Click here to find out more and apply today, or via the apply button below!
Sign up for job alerts - its free