SPL Components was established in 1994 and has continued its rapid expansion to become a market leader in supplying components to UK furniture manufacturers. Whilst our customers include the leading companies in the sector, we pride ourselves on retaining a personal approach to all of our customers through our dedicated members of staff.
SPL Components are looking to recruit a Graduate to join their busy and fast paced business in Leeds as a ‘Graduate Buyer’.
As a Graduate Buyer, you will be assisting the current buyer with stock control and procurement planning. You will receive full training and support. Initially this will be in the form of internal training, working closely with a mentor. The successful candidate will later be enrolled on a specific CIPS course (Chartered Institute of Procurement & Supply) to further develop in the role.
We have a diverse supply base and source products from the UK, Europe and the Far East and the nd the role involves dealing with all parts of this supply chain.
This is a full time, permanent role and offers excellent career development opportunities with a clear path for progression, as we plan for this candidate to progress into a role of Purchasing Manager over time.
To be considered for this role you must demonstrate a strong academic background however, previous office experience is not essential. You will need to possess excellent IT skills and a keen eye for detail. Most importantly, the successful candidate will be highly determined, enthusiastic and driven to succeed in pursuing a long term career.
The role responsibilities include:
- Stock control- extracting data from our operating system to Microsoft Excel, analysing the data in conjunction with product lead times and identifying products which require ordering.
- Using this data, prepare and place orders with suppliers in line with the supplier profile (eg. manufacturing and shipping lead times and the stock holding levels for these products).
- Updating import forecasts when orders are placed to ensure visibility for the Finance department of planned purchases.
- Handling the freight element for import deliveries- booking the consignments with freight forwarders and providing information required for customs clearance.
- Monitor incoming deliveries for any delays so this information can be provided to the sales team.
- Ensuring that orders are received on time by monitoring orders and liaising with suppliers. In particular regard to the product imported on extended lead times, the candidate would be expected to maintain and update spreadsheets on these orders so that current order statuses are easily accessible by the office.
- Using received delivery notes to book stocks on to our system when goods have arrived and have been checked by the goods inwards team.
- Communicating clearly and effectively with suppliers so that supply meets our exacting standards.
- Raising issues with suppliers (eg. incorrect deliveries/quality issues) and seeing these matters through to a successful conclusion.
- Ensuring all product and supplier information is kept up to date and accurate.
- Producing stock reports when requested to assist in decision making processes.
- Working with suppliers to ensure all technical information is up to date and accurate (product specifications and drawings).
- Clearly communicating with other departments all relevant information.
- An excellent level of IT skills is a basic requirement of the role. Whilst training and support will be provided on the software used, a good understanding of Microsoft Excel is essential.
- Analytical skills are key to assess and process data from reports to inform the decision making process.
- A real enthusiasm and willingness to learn.
- Self motivated with a determination to succeed in all tasks undertaken.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal. The role will involve communicating with suppliers in meetings and also communicating with Far Eastern suppliers via email- where clear written communication (in English) is required to simplify instructions.
- A confident telephone manner to communicate with suppliers.
- Organisation is key as this is a fast paced and multi layered role where time management and task prioritisation is vital to ensure that the most urgent requirements are dealt with first.
- Must be friendly and understand the importance of working as part of a team so that they can successfully integrate themselves into the office.
SPL Components Limited
SPL Components, known formerly as Sycamore Products Ltd was founded in 1994 that has seen continual rapid expansion over the past 20 years to become a market leader in both sourcing and supplying components to the UKs leading furniture manufacturers.
Elsewhere on graduate-jobs.com
Related :sales jobs leeds graduate buyer spl components limited
People who applied for this job also applied for:
MDS Graduate Scheme - Nationwide
Next - Trainee Merchandiser Graduate Scheme
The East, East Midlands, Leicester
Supply Chain & Logistics Graduate - Jaguar Land Rover
£31,000, with a £2,000 joining bonus
South East, West Midlands, Solihull, Whitley
Graduate Analyst - TPP
Graduate Recruitment Consultant
£24,000 + uncapped commission
James Andrews Recruitment Solutions
West Midlands, Birmingham
Milwaukee Field Marketing Executives – Graduate Leadership Programme – Autumn 2023
South East, South West, London, The East, East Midlands, West Midlands, North West, North East