Graduate Business Analyst - Eight Technology
- South West, Exeter
- Apply by:
- 27th August 2018
- Start date:
- Job type:
- Graduate job
Are you looking for a graduate position in a fast moving, dynamic and evolving software business based in Exeter? Have you recently or are you shortly to be graduating with a Computer Science, Business Information Systems or related degree? If so, this is an excellent opportunity to take your first step into the world of IT Business Analysis.
Due to another exceptional year, we’re looking for an ambitious, highly motivated Graduate Business Analyst. Working on class leading SaaS applications, the successful candidate will join our experienced team, working on an exciting range of SaaS products.
Working in an AGILE environment, the successful candidate will be an excellent team player with excellent analytical, problem solving and communications skills, strong attention to detail, be self-motivated, able to work independently or as part of a larger team.
• System scoping - working with business stakeholders to capture and
• Requirements management - working within a structured agile development process to decompose design specifications into functions and user stories to enable product development
• Creation of functional specifications
• Assisting the Product Owner with backlog and priority management
• Test Support - working with testing teams during the test analysis phase to ensure appropriate test coverage across the system design
• Ad-hoc reporting and analysis tasks
Key Skills & Competencies
• Strong analytical & problem-solving skills
• Meticulous attention to detail
• Strong communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills
• Good knowledge of the MS Office suite
• Flexibility - understands the need to adjust to situations that involve changing tasks and / or shifting priorities
• High levels of initiative and pro-activity
• Continually striving to improve
As a Graduate Business Analyst, you will be responsible for functional and technical design of software solutions
The initial responsibility of this role is to create comprehensive functional and technical specifications for the project to replatform the organisation’s main product from legacy technology to a Microsoft .NET based SaaS architecture. This will involve capturing all workflows, interchanges and reporting requirements for the existing solution and determining how they will be recreated across the new architecture. Once complete, the candidate will act as the liaison between the development team and the ‘business’ for the resolution of all functional issues.
Beyond the initial design engagement for the re-platforming project, the candidate will be responsible for high level scoping activities during inception phases for new product developments and system enhancements.
This is an exciting role for a market leading software product company undergoing significant growth and transformational change. As such, it represents a substantial opportunity for a Business Analyst looking to step up to play a leading role in delivering success.
• System Scoping – working with business stakeholders to capture
requirements for new solutions and system enhancements
• Solution Design – creating appropriate design specifications to capture required system behaviours to enable product development, using modelling techniques as appropriate to document current and desired future scenarios
• Requirements Management - working within a structured agile development process to decompose design specifications into functions and user stories to enable product development
• Test Support -working with testing teams during the test analysis phase to ensure appropriate test coverage across the system design
• Problem Solving – bringing analytical thinking to the identification and resolution of problems and complex issues to prevent impact upon the team’s velocity
• Assist Product Owner – Helping with backlog management
Essential Skills and Experience
• Strong understanding of software development life cycle and scrum
agile development methodology
• Strong systems analysis skills, with the ability to model current system behaviours using modelling techniques
• Extensive experience of working in a.NET software environment
• Ability to create functional and technical specifications for new systems, including decomposing system designs into constituent functions
• Experience of writing user stories and acceptance criteria
• Experience of working with test teams to ensure appropriate levels of test coverage
• Experience of working with senior stakeholders and communicating technical concepts to non-technical audiences
Sign up for job alerts - its free