|Salary:||£24,000 plus benefits|
|Sectors:||Public Sector, Energy & Utilities|
The Water Industry Commission for Scotland is at the cutting edge of economic regulation: it oversaw the introduction of retail competition for services to business customers and the public sector. This world first has changed the nature of the relationship between customers and their suppliers and is bringing more tailored services and lower bills. It is now engaged in a root and branch review of the method for the next price setting and an initiative to export its expertise outside the UK.
- Are you an intelligent, logical thinker with strong quantitative skills?
- Able to work fast and yet focus on detail?
- Interested in the practical application of economics and finance to industry issues?
- Ready to work in a stimulating environment at an interesting time in the water industry?
Reporting to the Head of Analysis, you will be at the core of the Commission’s work: working on wide ranging projects relating to economic regulation and the development of a competitive market. This will include helping to develop strategy, carrying out economic and financial analysis and preparing briefings.
There are few entry level roles in any organisation offering a comparable opportunity to play a formative role in public policy. Previous analysts are now working as employees at elite international organisations such as Moody’s Corporation, McKinsey and Company, Barclays Capital and the Bank of England.
Stirling – within easy walking distance of the station.
This is an interesting and diverse role, suitable for a recent graduate with a good degree. Although the Commission is agnostic about discipline, we seek bright graduates with a strong numerical bent,
The skill set we require includes:
- Rigorous logic and critical thinking with particular attention to detail. Intellectually careful and methodical.
- Strong quantitative skills. You will be proficient in working with large data sets. You are likely to be a Mathematics, Economics or Finance graduate with at least an upper second class degree.
- Good writing and communication skills. You must be able to express your views clearly, defend your corner under critical scrutiny and able to think on your feet.
- The ability to assimilate complex information quickly and draw out the key messages.
- Creative approach and the ability to deploy fresh thinking to complex problems. A real sense of curiosity is needed.
- The Commission is small, with less than 20 staff. You will need to integrate well in a small team.
To make an application click 'APPLY NOW' below.
Competitive plus benefits London, Scotland 1-Jul-2017
£25000.00 to £30000.00 per annum negotiable depending on experience plus benefits plus Bonus London ASAP
£23000.0000 to £25000.0000 per annum plus benefits plus Bonus South East 7-Oct-2016
£20000.00 to £24000.00 per annum negotiable plus benefits London 7-Nov-2016
£32,000 plus benefits Yorkshire ASAP
£32,000 plus benefits Yorkshire ASAP
£22,000 plus benefits plus OTE plus Bonus plus expenses London Ongoing
Competitive International (Europe), India, United States, China, Birmingham 1-Sep-2017
£30,490 rising to £32,963 after 1 year plus benefits London ASAP
£26,000 (plus £2,000 welcome bonus) plus benefits South East ASAP
£25,440 plus benefits Manchester Various
£19k London ASAP
£23,700 plus benefits West Midlands 2-Jan-2017
£18000 to £20000 per annum plus OTE Central 31-Oct-2016
£21,996 + bonuses plus benefits plus Bonus South East, London ASAP
Competitive plus benefits London 1-Sep-2017
£25000.00 to £30000.00 per annum negotiable depending on experience plus benefits plus OTE plus Bonus London
£22000.00 per annum plus OTE London ASAP