Graduate Analyst - London 2019
- £25,000 starting salary + Benefits
- South East, London, Hemel Hempstead
- Apply by:
- 12th September 2019
- Start date:
- Job type:
- Graduate job
Who we are:
Amberside Valuations Ltd (‘AVL’) is a specialist provider of valuation services to infrastructure investors. The team consists of a section previously of Amberside Advisors Ltd, led by their director team, together with Douglas March, previously of Dalmore Capital, and are able to draw on the knowledge and experience of the full Amberside group.
The company’s experienced valuations team draws from a background of private equity, accounting, advisory, financial modelling, and asset management.
Our current mandates involve valuing over 300 assets for some of the largest European infrastructure investors, covering multiple funds, joint ventures, and other investment vehicles, with total fund values of over £3bn.
Our primary purpose is to perform valuations for portfolio companies, providing investors with a reliable pool of resource. The team also provide the Amberside Group with a specialised fund services offering, supporting investors with a range of mandates including Portfolio Modelling, Valuation Review, Fund Exit and Acquisition support.
What we offer:
- £25,000 starting salary and annual promotion increases based on performance
- 3.5 year training contract and the potential for permanent contract once qualified
- Fully funded CFA qualification and paid time off for study
- Full training and development programme throughout the contract
- 22 days annual leave + bank holidays + birthdays
- Mobile phone contract
- Weekly lunch paid for by the company
- Team building and sports and social club events and activities
- A friendly, supportive and talented team of people
- The opportunity to make a real difference to the business
- Flexible working hours (after 6 months) and work-life balance
- Located in Hemel Hempstead, Hertfordshire
What we are looking for:
We are a dynamic, agile and entrepreneurial company looking for like-minded individuals to develop into infrastructure valuations and fund services analysts. We would like to hear from graduates with a maths or scientific background, who have an aptitude for Excel and a desire to work in a varied and fulfilling career. Analysts will be liaising with clients and creating investor reports for some of Europe’s largest infrastructure funds, so good communication, confidence and strong interpersonal skills are essential to be successful in this role, as well as strong writing skills.
Based on your abilities there will be fantastic opportunities to progress and develop in an interesting and non-traditional finance sector and the opportunity to work on challenging and tangible projects.
Purpose of the role:
Working as part of a team providing valuations and fund services support to our clients, in a range of sectors and types of projects. This is primarily carried out in Excel using highly complicated financial forecasting models.
The role will include the following with full training and support provided:
- Performing valuation bridging analysis, including identifying key drivers in value change and creating investor reports.
- Supporting the management team with a range of other fund services mandates including Portfolio Modelling, Valuation Review, Fund Exit and Acquisition support.
- Meeting with and advising clients on their projects and delivering a run through of financial models and/or analysis.
- Interpreting and analysing results in the context of the whole project.
- Interpreting legal documentation including letters of engagement and other types of contract.
- Providing internal and external training to colleagues or clients on a range of topics.
- Marketing-related activities as required by the management team.
- Providing feedback to others about their work.
- Administrative and office support duties which may include data entry and correspondence, ad-hoc internal project support, organising meetings, answering the telephone, keeping the office clean and tidy and making tea and coffee.
- Maths / Science degree or equivalent qualification (/ Maths A level for school leaver)
- Strong communication skills
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong written-English
- Confident at dealing with people at all levels
- Aptitude / good understanding of Excel
- Proactive can-do team player attitude
- Ability to work in an efficient organised manner
- Good creative thinking ability
- Desire to deliver excellent customer service
- Ability and desire for continuous learning
- Desire to work in a varied and challenging career
- Attention to detail
- Strong work ethic
- Strong commercial mindset
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft office products
- Experience of customer service / dealing with clients
- Fluency in an additional language
- Previous work experience in an office based role
- Experience of legal documentation
- Good IT skills
To apply, please click on the button below.
Sign up for job alerts - its free