Graduate Actuarial Analyst (Spanish Speaking) - Willis Re Graduate Programme
- Apply by:
- 26th April 2019
- Start date:
- Job type:
- Graduate job
Willis Re, part of the Investment, Risk & Reinsurance segment of Willis Towers Watson, is one of the world’s leading reinsurance advisory and broking businesses.
Connecting risk and capital, we help the global insurance industry, governments and society at large manage and mitigate extreme risk – from natural catastrophes such as flood, earthquakes, hurricanes and pandemics, to technological or political risks such as cyber and terrorism.
As part of a fast-evolving, $365 billion global industry, Willis Re provides a multitude of exciting career opportunities for talented and driven individuals.
In addition, our two year foundational development programme, which you will join from day one, is unique in the industry and offered to all our graduates. This includes a multitude of technical insurance and reinsurance modules delivered by our global subject matter experts through to a wider curriculum of professional, financial and client facing skills.
Sponsored by the Willis Re leadership team, the programme also provides access to senior mentors and a “buddy network” to support your wider career development, with ample networking and experience-building opportunities.
This foundational programme is part of a world class Learning Academy that supports career development for all our colleagues, from graduates through to senior leaders.
Willis Re also fully sponsors professional qualifications including the FIA, CFA Level 1 and the CAA.
*** Please note that we do not accept multiple applications and you should only select and apply to one programme per year***
***Online Application Closing Date: February 1, 2019***
Note however that Willis Re runs its graduate
application process and recruitment on a rolling basis, so we encourage
candidates to apply early
Willis Re brings together advanced analytics, risk transfer and transactional expertise to provide advisory and consultation on how risk portfolios impact performance, and execute on those capabilities to deliver improved financial results for our clients.
Our broking and analytics colleagues, including actuarial, financial and catastrophe modelling teams, operate all over the world and work in integrated and dynamic teams.
As a Graduate Actuarial Analyst, you will be therefore be immersed in all aspects of front line actuarial work for our insurance clients from early in your career, including:
• Analysis for input into client pitches and meetings,
• Assisting in building reinsurance pricing models
• Data collection and manipulation in spreadsheets and other database applications
• Assisting with actuarial benchmark creation and other long-term projects
• Building pricing models for client use and pricing indications
• Developing expertise in using Willis Towers Watson proprietary Financial Modelling and Reinsurance Optimisation software
• Participating in client meetings
• Travel as required
Willis Re is also an inclusive and diverse business, so you can expect to work in and learn from culturally diverse, multi-location teams on a regular basis, working on varying projects and client accounts, which include some of the largest, multinational companies in the world.
Is this position right for you?
Successful candidates will have strong analytical and numeracy skills, and also a talent for communication and all-round commercial awareness.
**For this role, fluency in Japanese is also required**
Minimum 2:1 degree or equivalent qualifications including Maths A-Level at A/B grade.
You will also need:
• Enthusiasm and passion to learn about Insurance, Risk and Reinsurance
• Good IT skills and knowledge of MS Office, with a high degree of competence in MS Excel
• Attention to detail
• Ability to communicate complex information clearly
• Ability to build strong internal and external business relationships
• An awareness of the sales and negotiation process
• Ability to learn and follow internal procedures and controls
• Flexible approach to work and ability to adapt to change
• The ability to prioritise, work under pressure and meet deadlines
• Desire to sit Actuarial exams
• Initiative and an eagerness to drive projects to a successful conclusion
• Be a team player
The Bigger Picture
Willis Re works with academia through The Willis Research Network and bodies such as the UN and World Bank, as well as a range of NGO’s and Government Aid Bodies, helping connect the world of private capital to manage wider societal and environmental risks.
The global financial markets have also now developed the concept of insurance risk as an investable asset class: insurance-linked securities. This has opened up a huge quantity of new financial capacity to accept and absorb risk, with capacity provided by the traditional reinsurance industry augmented with the new capital from global financial markets.
Insurtech is another avenue for growth and development within the industry.
Willis Re sits at this exciting cross road of innovation, acting as a fulcrum to coordinate and develop all of these activities.
For more information, visit willisre.com.
The Application Process
• Stage 1: Online Application
• Stage 2: Online Testing
• Stage 3: Video Interview
• Stage 4: 1 Day Assessment Centre
• Stage 5: Offer and On-boarding
Start date for the UK
Graduate Programme will be the beginning of September, 2019
You will be notified on your progress throughout the process
Click below to apply!
Sign up for job alerts - its free