Graduate Accountancy Scheme 2020 - National Audit Office (London)
- £29,000 (London)
- 1st December 2019
- Start date:
- Job type:
- Graduate job
Type of role: 3-year graduate trainee scheme
Locations and starting salaries: London: £29,000 p.a. / Newcastle: £24,000 p.a.
Our highly successful ACA professional training scheme is now live! We will equip you with the Chartered Accountancy qualification and membership of the Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales (ICAEW).
You will have the opportunity to make a real difference to our huge range of clients but also to the nation. The scope of our work and influence is vast – supporting Parliament to hold government to account and improve the full spectrum of public services. We enable and support crucial economic and social changes needed to improve financial management and the way vital public services are delivered to millions of people every day. In a nutshell, we help the nation spend wisely.
By joining us and achieving a prestigious qualification as a chartered accountant, you’ll build a rewarding and fascinating career. You’ll make an impact that you and the nation will benefit from. You will develop your skills as a professional, a manager and a leader. You will be equipped for a fantastic career.
Our crucial role in holding government to account is mirrored by the fact that our leader is appointed by Her Majesty the Queen! In addition to offering a unique insight into government operations, we also offer an array of vibrant social and training events throughout the year.
Alongside doing varied work with an unrivalled network of high profile
clients you’ll have access to a supportive and sociable peer group to
help you gain career success.
We also offer an extremely attractive pay and benefits package:
- A highly competitive starting salary
• Annual pay increases and increases when you pass each stage of your professional exams
• Fully funded ACA qualification and ICAEW membership subscriptions
• 30 days’ holiday (including public holidays)
• Fully paid 25 weeks study leave in block release
• Civil service pension scheme
• Excellent on-site gym in London and subsidised gym membership in Newcastle
• Interest free travel season ticket loan
• Staff discounts
• Social events – including annual pop quiz, film quiz and Christmas party…..
• Opportunities to take responsibility early in your career
• An excellent system of support from NAO colleagues
So come, join us and be part of the bigger picture at the National Audit Office (NAO).
The start date for the scheme will be the beginning of September 2020, however we do have some limited early start positions available from January-March 2020. These will allow you to gain some practical work experience before starting the training programme.
Please note: we reserve the option of bringing the closing date for applications forward.
Alongside working towards your Chartered Accountancy qualification, you’ll work with a wide range of clients, including central and local government. You’ll start out as a team member supporting our core financial audits, and will gradually get to work on bigger audits and more complex projects, taking the lead as you develop your skills and confidence. Whilst working mainly on financial audits you’ll also have the opportunity to be involved in a range of our other work – including support for Parliament, investigations, and our larger value for money studies and programmes which result in high-profile reports to Parliament that often make the headlines.
You can find out a lot more about us and our work from our website http://naoaccountancyscheme.co.uk
We look for individuals who can:
- Analyse data to draw sound conclusions
- Demonstrate sound judgement
- Communicate effectively with others
- Demonstrate enthusiasm, initiative and drive
- Build and maintain effective team relationships
- Build and maintain key client relationships
- Plan and organise workload to deliver high quality work to deadline
- Understand the bigger picture
To join our Graduate scheme you must have:
- 2.1 degree (or better) in any subject
- a minimum of 120 UCAS points (or 300 based on the pre September 2017
UCAS tariff point system) or equivalent, not including General Studies.
If you have 104 UCAS points (or 260 based on the former UCAS tariff
point system), you may still be eligible to apply as your application
will be reviewed in the context of your socio-economic background.
Click to apply today!
National Audit Office
The NAO is an independent public body that helps Parliament hold government to account for how taxpayers money is spent.
National Audit Office Interview Reviews
25 November 2017
-Online Application: Competency based questions about your experiences so far followed by a numerical test. - One on One Interview held in their London Office: This was with a...
06 July 2015
This was a one on one interview with a very nice member of their graduate recruitment team and she was very good at putting me at ease. Even though I'd filled out a comprehensive...
Sign up for job alerts - its free