Graduate Account Manager
- £20000 to 25000 per annum, Commission Structure
- 24th December 2019
- Start date:
- December 2019
- Job type:
- Graduate job
A business development company working solely with creative agencies to help them gain new work with major brands such as ITV, Sainsbury's and Nike. Offering a tailored service this company partner with both creative design agencies and brands to help identify the best fits for each other. Managing the process throughout to ensure agencies get a steady stream of relevant projects to work on and brands get the best team working on their specific briefs which typically cover web or app design, user experience work, marketing and branding. The company currently have 28 members of staff and are continuing to grow rapidly.
Key responsibilities of the role:
You will join the account management team responsible for working closely with both design agencies to understand their strengths and brands to understand what they're looking for. You will be given two or three agencies to work with and develop a strong understanding of in order to successfully manage their accounts with the right brands.
Full training will be given throughout.
Day-to-day activities will include:
- Develop a strong understanding of how the business operates, the types of design agencies they work with and the types of brands they find the agencies to work with.
- Once assigned two or three clients you will spend time in the office of these companies to develop knowledge of their strengths and weaknesses based on the makeup of the team, their expertise and previous work done.
- Using this knowledge, you will then strategically research and identify brands who would be good fits for these design agencies e.g. some will be more corporate, others more creative, some brands will require more digital design and others more print design.
- Once you've identified these relevant brands you will approach and connect with people working for those companies via email, social media, telephone or face to face with a view to sending across information about the design agencies you represent, explaining why you think this design agency would be a good fit for the brand and ultimately look to arrange a meeting between both the brand and the design agency.
- Attend monthly training, team outings and industry talks to improve your industry knowledge and professional career.
- As your experience within the business and industry knowledge develop you will take on both larger design agencies and larger brands adding increasing influence and knowledge to the process to the point whereby brands approach you for your knowledge and expertise.
The ideal candidate's personality and qualifications:
- The ideal candidate for this position will be a graduate, ideally with up to one year's professional work experience in the marketing, branding and design industries.
- Desired skills, experience and personality:
- Educated to degree level.
- A confident communicator with a mature outlook able to communicate with owners of digital marketing and design agencies along with heads of marketing departments at large brands.
- An interest or previous work experience in digital marketing, advertising or design industries would be a major bonus.
- A natural team player who is happy working in an open, creative and collaborative working environment.
- Immaculate spelling and grammar.
- A highly organised individual with a strong attention to detail.
- A professional approach to work and able to pass this on to clients they work with e.g. punctual, courteous etc.
- Strong attention to details.
- Someone who takes an interest in growing businesses, brands and the digital marketing industry would be a bonus.
What are the perks of working at this company?
- All staff are provided with a Mac Book Air.
- Work in a sociable, friendly and creative office space.
- Enjoy team socials, drinks on Fridays and knowledge sharing sessions.
- Work near the buzz of Borough Market and London Bridge offering a great buzz and area of London to work from.
- This job has great variety and professional develop opportunity.
- Join a rapidly growing business which works with major brands and takes a lot of time developing its employees.
Successful applicants after the CV vetting stage will receive an unscheduled call from relevant account managers and consultants.
Buchanan Search, through rapid organic growth, is now a market leading recruitment firm and a top supplier to a number of clients including FTSE listed firms.
Buchanan Search's team of consultants come from a variety of backgrounds, but all subscribe to the company ethos of Understanding, Advising and Delivering for our clients.
Buchanan Search has Entry-Level and Executive Practices which operate tailored recruitment methodologies. They focus across the Sales, Recruitment, Executive Search, Business Intelligence, Consultancy, Engineering, Technology and Global Markets sectors.
Buchanan Search Limited
Buchanan Search's team of Consultants come from a variety of backgrounds but all subscribe to the company ethos of Understanding, Advising and Delivering for our clients.
Buchanan Search Limited Interview Reviews
11 June 2018
The interview took place in a relatively relaxed atmosphere; one on one chat around a small table overlooking the sights of London. Went through my past experiences and was...
10 November 2017
Applied online by sending my CV, about three days later I received a call and had a telephone interview. I was asked questions such as why I applied for this particular position...
20 June 2017
The interview was conducted over the phone. The company responded to my job application on the date that the application was sent. The individual that I spoke to was very useful...
Sign up for job alerts - its free