Google Cloud Platform - Junior Cloud Engineer - Manchester
- £25,000 per annum
- North West, Manchester
- Apply by:
- Start date:
- Job type:
- Graduate job
Are you a graduate interested in a career in Technology, Cloud Computing and Infrastructure?
Cloud Technology Solutions (CTS) are a Google Cloud Premier Partner and leading reseller of G Suite Business solutions that transform organisations while reducing costs. We are trusted by many well-known businesses, government and education establishments around the world to help them take full advantage of Google Cloud Platform and G Suite. We have recently appeared in Deloitte’s UK Tech Fast 50, and 50th place in Sunday Times Top Track 100.
We are hiring 10 Junior DevOp Engineers to join our expanding team!
Key Responsibilities may include
• Designing highly scalable infrastructure service on Google Cloud Platform
• Working with a variety of tools and services every day
• Automation of application configuration and deployment using configuration management tools
• Utilise industry recognised open source tooling such as Terraform, Puppet, Packer, Vagrant, and Kubernetes
• Work with a wide range of Google Cloud Platform services on a daily basis – Assess new tooling and software as it becomes available and make recommendations on potential use within customer projects
• Creating automated testing scenarios for customer applications and deployments
• Building internal tooling as required
• Day to day support of existing customer infrastructure including problem analysis and resolution
• Assisting customers in understanding how cloud technology can help them grow and the benefits it offers
• Working with junior members of staff helping with their technical development whether it be through project pairing or via assistance with support
• On call duties
What to Expect
• You will receive up to 12 weeks training delivered by QA Consulting
held in Manchester's MediaCity UK.
• The training is free, as is accommodation.
• Alternatively, you can opt for a monthly bursary/living allowance.
• Starting salary of £25,000 per annum post training
During training you will gain:
• Excellent knowledge of GNU/Linux
• Good experience working with Google Cloud Platform or Amazon Web Services at scale
• Strong working knowledge of Puppet for configuration management
• Good knowledge of at least one scripting language, preferably Python or Ruby
• An understanding of the TCP/IP stack
• A track record of building infrastructure as code with Terraform, AWS CloudFormation or similar
• Good understanding of the wider HashiCorp stack including Consul, Packer and Vagrant
Skills and competencies
• 2:2 in any STEM related degree or a 2.1 in any other degree and a
passion to start your career in technology
• Driven to learn new technologies and keep up with the fast paced environment of Public Cloud and the associated tools and software that add value in this area
• Excellent communication skills, verbal and written
• Flexible working
• Subsidised gym membership
• Pension contribution
• Unlimited holidays
• Bike-to-work scheme
• Private healthcare
• Pool table, arcade machine and PS4
• Childcare vouchers
About Cloud Technology Solutions
At Cloud Technology Solutions (CTS), we believe that the cloud offers a catalyst for change for businesses. Getting there however can be difficult, and that’s where we come in. With our experts and IT consulting we will help you discover what you need to evolve your business.
As a world leading Google Cloud Premier Partner, CTS provide G Suite and Google Cloud Platform (GCP) solutions that transform organisations while reducing costs.
It is our job to work closely with you and understand your needs so we can help you transform your organisation with tailored cloud solutions and devices. Our Google certified experts in planning, migration, technical deployment and responding to the ongoing support needs of each client.
With a friendly and talented team, CTS are easy to work with and always deliver the best that cloud technologies can offer. We truly care about getting the most for our customers, and have the right experts with years of experience to boot to do this!
The cloud is inevitable; every organisation is headed there. Make a partner for life with CTS and enjoy the journey.
Please apply now for immediate consideration.
Sign up for job alerts - its free