|Salary:||£17,000 plus benefits|
|Sectors:||Consultancy, Distribution & Logistics, Human Resources, Management|
At Gist Limited we are constantly raising the standard in everything we do to achieve our vision of being the customer's first choice for logistics innovation, excellence and partnership.
We recognise that the key to our success is our people. For us to deliver the best service to our customers, maintain a strong reputation and continue to grow we need to recruit and develop the right people.
What's it like to be an Industrial Placement student at Gist?
Our Industrial Placement schemes are a year-long opportunity for university students on a four year sandwich course. The scheme offers students the chance to gain a strong start to their career by gaining valuable work experience within a thriving, fast-paced business.
• Our 12 month Industrial Placement scheme in Operational Management offers you the same experience and responsibility offered in the first placement of our Operational Graduate Management Trainee Scheme - creating a brilliant platform to start your career with Gist and providing first-hand experience of leading people and experiencing how our business operates.
• Similarly to our Graduate scheme, our Industrial Placement students must be flexible with their location of employment for their 12 month placement, which could be based in any one of our UK operational sites.
What will you need to succeed?
We are looking for ambitious and enthusiastic industrial placement students to join us. Our aim is to recruit the best people with the best attitudes, and we will provide the necessary development for you to be successful on the scheme.
• You will need to be extremely driven and motivated, and have a real desire to make a difference.
• You will also need to share our passion for people, both as a team player and as a future senior manager in Gist.
• The job is not 9-5 and won't be repetitive - you will be out and about, getting involved and really making an impact on the way we do things to constantly improve our performance. Geographic mobility is important, as well as the possession of a full UK driving licence and a car.
Where will Gist take you?
We are always focused on developing our people to enable them to reach their full potential. If you have the drive, aspiration and flexibility required, we can offer you excellent development opportunities.
If you have a successful year with us, you will have the opportunity to be fast-tracked onto our Graduate Management Trainee Scheme in Operational Management. Graduates who are returning Industrial Placements will undertake a shortened graduate scheme which is reduced in length from two years to eighteen months, enabling rapid progression within Gist.
• You will receive a salary of £17,000 with 25 days holiday; there is also a discretionary performance-related bonus scheme, pension scheme and healthcare.
• The scheme offers a structured but uniquely tailored schedule with planned training interventions that support your individual progression and development.
• You will be allocated a buddy a few months before you start, to help you get settled into life at Gist. You will also be allocated a mentor from our senior management team who will be there to offer support and guidance on your career development within Gist.
• Gist Limited is a leading UK supply chain company with a history that spans over 100 years. With a turnover of €600m, we are a leading player in the perishable and chilled sector supporting some of the biggest names in the food and beverage industry. Our 5,000 employees operate from 40+ locations in the UK and continental Europe.
"The best part about my placement is having real responsibility, authority and an opportunity to influence the operations. Once I had familiarised myself with my department, I earned more and more responsibilities. The opportunity to obtain valuable managerial experience during a placement year is one that should not be missed, as it puts you in a very strong position to begin your career." Jack, Industrial Placement 2015/2016.
How to apply
We are keen to ensure our selection process gives you a clear insight into our business, but most importantly offers you a good understanding of the Industrial Placement scheme, what it is like to be a Gist Industrial Placement student and how to make the most of your 12 months with us. If you share our passion for people, you are extremely driven and want to develop yourself with Gist, we look forward to receiving your application.
• After application screening, the next step is a competency based telephone interview with a member of our HR team.
• If successful you will then be asked to attend a half day depot day, which is your opportunity to find out more about life in an operational environment through a depot tour and Q&A session with some of our current Graduates, as well as for us to assess you in person through a competency based interview and a group exercise
• The final stage is an Assessment Centre at our Head Office in Basingstoke and will include a dinner with a selection of our senior business leaders the evening before your full day Assessment Centre. The Assessment Centre will consist of a competency based interview, presentation exercise and a group exercise.
To apply click here or on the 'Apply Now' button.
Competitive plus benefits Nationwide Ongoing
Competitive plus benefits International (Europe), Nationwide 5-Sep-2017
Competitive plus benefits Nationwide 8-Sep-2017
£20,000 Nationwide 1-Sep-2017
competitive plus benefits Nationwide ASAP
Competitive plus benefits International (Europe), Nationwide Ongoing
Competitive plus benefits London, Glasgow, Leeds, Nationwide ASAP
£40,000 plus salary review plus benefits plus expenses London, Barbican Various
Competitive plus benefits South East, Central, West Midlands, Wales, Leicester, Manchester, Nationwide Various
£24,000 to £27,000 plus benefits London Various
£22,000 to £24,500 location weighting plus benefits plus Bonus Nationwide Ongoing
£23,500 plus benefits plus OTE plus expenses Nationwide ASAP
Competitive plus benefits London, Wimbledon ASAP
Competitive plus benefits London, Wimbledon ASAP
Competitive plus benefits Nationwide 1-Sep-2017
£20000.00 to £22000.00 per annum plus OTE London 27-Feb-2017
competitive Central, Oxford, Reading ASAP
competitive plus benefits Scotland ASAP