|Salary:||£26,500 plus benefits|
|Sectors:||Distribution & Logistics, Computing & IT, Management|
At Gist Limited we are constantly raising the standard in everything we do to achieve our vision of being the customer's first choice for logistics innovation, excellence and partnership.
We recognise that the key to our success is our people. For us to deliver the best service to our customers, maintain a strong reputation and continue to grow we need to recruit and develop the right people.
What's it like to be a Graduate at Gist?
Our Graduate Management Trainee schemes are designed to create our future business leaders. Gist's CEO, Martin Gwynn, began on our Management Trainee Scheme. He was promoted to CEO at the age of 33 and continues to set the direction of the business today.
• As an IT Project Management Graduate Trainee, you will complete a three year scheme based from our Head Office in Basingstoke. Through a series of operational and project placements, you will start your career with Gist learning about our operations and the role IT plays in our success.
• From the outset, you will assist in the delivery of projects, both at Head Office and at our operational sites, and work with users and clients to help deliver our solutions. Over the next three years, you will take on more responsibility and, with training, support and experience, develop towards becoming an IT Project Manager, leading your own IT projects and delivering IT solutions to the Gist operations.
• As you progress, you will become increasingly involved in the core tasks of documenting requirements, describing processes and designing solutions as you understand and develop the skills of project management and business/systems analysis.
• The second year will see you playing an increasingly significant role in the delivery of IT projects throughout Gist's core warehouse and transport operations, under the guidance of an experienced Project Manager. You will take on management responsibility for smaller projects and work-streams, leading project checkpoints and facilitating solution workshops.
• The final year of the scheme will see you take on end-to-end management responsibility and ownership of larger, cross-organisation projects, working with IT, operations, suppliers and customer organisations.
How will you become one of our future business leaders?
Development is important to Gist and underpins our graduate scheme. We offer a structured but uniquely tailored schedule of placements that will support your progression and development.
• Alongside the development opportunities that involvement in live projects provides, you will be provided with formal training leading to industry-accredited qualifications in Project Management and Business Systems Analysis.
• We offer management training around our Involve culture, including leadership and communications training.
• You will be allocated a buddy a few months ahead of you joining to help you get settled into life at Gist and the site. You will also be allocated a mentor from our senior management team, who will be there to offer support and guidance on your career development within Gist.
What will you need to succeed?
We are looking for ambitious and enthusiastic graduates to join us, with the aspiration to become one of our future business managers within our operational business. Our aim is to recruit the best people with the best attitudes, and we will provide the necessary development for you to be successful on the scheme.
• You will need to be extremely driven and motivated, and have a real desire to make a difference.
• You will also need to share our passion for people, both as a team player and as a future senior manager in Gist's IT function.
• To be successful in this role, an IT background is not essential. We are looking for graduates to join us who possess strong organisational skills, a keen interest in technology and a willingness to work with and learn from a diverse team of individuals.
• The job is not 9-5 and won't be repetitive - you will be out and about, getting involved and really making an impact on the way we do things to constantly improve our performance. Geographic mobility is important, as well as the possession of a full driving licence and a car.
Where will Gist take you?
• We are always focused on developing our people to enable them to reach their full potential. If you have the drive, aspiration and flexibility required, we can offer excellent development opportunities to ensure you build a successful and rewarding career with Gist.
• You will receive a starting salary of £26,500 with 25 days holiday, industry leading performance-related bonus scheme, pension scheme, AXA PPP health plan and the opportunity to undertake a paid charity placement.
• Over one fifth of our senior management team joined Gist on one of our Graduate Schemes. "The skills and training I received in areas such as project management and leadership will stay with me no matter what direction my career takes. Since completing my time on the scheme, I have held a wide variety of senior roles as I have progressed through the organisation, including IT project and account management, customer service and even depot General Management." Martin, Development Controller M&S Food, former IT Project Management Graduate Trainee.
• Gist Limited is a leading UK supply chain company with a history that spans over 100 years. With a turnover of €600m, we are a leading player in the perishable and chilled sector supporting some of the biggest names in the food and beverage industry. Our 5,000 employees operate from 40+ locations in the UK and continental Europe.
How to apply
We are keen to ensure our selection process gives you a clear insight into our business, but most importantly offers you a good understanding of the graduate scheme, what it is like to be a Gist graduate and what your future could look like with Gist. If you share our passion for people, are extremely driven and have an interest in becoming a future business leader with Gist, we look forward to receiving your application.
• After application screening, the next step is a competency based telephone interview with a member of our HR team.
• If successful you will then be asked to attend a half day depot day, which is your opportunity to find out more about life in an operational environment through a depot tour and Q&A session with some of our current Graduates, as well as for us to assess you in person through a competency based interview and a group exercise.
• The final stage is an Assessment Centre at our Head Office in Basingstoke and will consist of a competency based interview, presentation exercise and a group exercise.
£28,000 plus benefits Nationwide 1-Sep-2017
Competitive plus benefits International (Europe), Nationwide 5-Sep-2017
Competitive plus benefits plus Bonus International (Europe), London 1-Sep-2017
competitive plus benefits Nationwide ASAP
£27,000 South East, London, Durham 1-Sep-2017
competitive plus benefits Gloucester ASAP
Competitive plus benefits London, Glasgow, Scotland, Leeds, Yorkshire, Nationwide ASAP
£40,000 plus salary review plus benefits plus expenses London, Barbican Various
£24,000 to £27,000 plus benefits London Various
£22,000 to £24,500 location weighting plus benefits plus Bonus Nationwide Ongoing
£23,500 plus benefits plus OTE plus expenses Nationwide ASAP
Competitive plus benefits London, Glasgow, Scotland, Leeds, Yorkshire, Nationwide Various
Basic Salary: £28,000 with £40,000 OTE plus OTE Central, Reading ASAP
£20 to 25K OTE £35 to 50,000 negotiable plus benefits plus OTE plus expenses London, Central ASAP
£20 to 25K OTE £35 to 50,000 negotiable depending on experience plus benefits plus OTE plus expenses salary review London, Central ASAP
£21,000 (per annum) London ASAP
£17,000 (per annum) North West, Manchester ASAP
£22,000 (per annum) London ASAP