|Salary:||£17,000 plus benefits|
|Sectors:||Consultancy, Distribution & Logistics|
At Gist Limited we are constantly raising the standard in everything we do to achieve our vision of being the customer's first choice for logistics innovation, excellence and partnership.
We recognise that the key to our success is our people. For us to deliver the best service to our customers, maintain a strong reputation and continue to grow we need to recruit and develop the right people.
What's it like to be an Industrial Placement student at Gist?
Our Industrial Placement schemes are a year-long opportunity for university students on a four year sandwich course. The scheme offers students the chance to gain a strong start to their career by gaining valuable work experience within a thriving, fast-paced business.
• Our Consulting Services team look at improving current operations for Gist and our customers, as well as working closely with our customers to find solutions and transform their supply chains.
• The team have a wealth of experience and come from different backgrounds including large consultancies and software development companies. Each person has brought with them a range of specialised skills and they have developed industry leading supply chain modelling tools to help them to quickly identify the best solution for Gist and our customers.
• As a Consulting Industrial Placement, you will be an integral part of the team from the outset, supporting them in various activities which will play best to your strengths. These could include; data analysis to support the bidding process and design logistics solutions (typically using Excel), pulling together market research for the Board to help them make strategic business decisions, as well as project managing plans to deliver change in our and our customers' operations.
• You will also be responsible for organising our team's resource deployment. This is a central role which will give you exposure to each person's activity within the team. You will run resource meetings with the senior team in order to match work demand with Consultant supply and availability.
What will you need to succeed?
We are looking for ambitious and enthusiastic industrial placement students to join us. Our aim is to recruit the best people with the best attitudes and we provide the necessary development for you to be successful on the scheme.
• You will need to be extremely driven and motivated, and have a real desire to make a difference.
• You will also need to share our passion for people, both as a team player and as a future senior manager in Gist.
• Whilst you will predominantly be based in our Head Office in Basingstoke, you will have the opportunity to get out and about to our operational sites, getting involved and really making an impact on the way we do things to constantly improve our performance. Therefore geographic mobility is important, as well as the possession of a full driving licence and a car.
Where will Gist take you?
We are always focused on developing our people to enable them to reach their full potential. If you have the drive, aspiration and flexibility required, we will offer you excellent development opportunities.
• If you have a successful year with us, you will have the opportunity to be fast-tracked onto our Graduate Management Trainee Scheme in Operational Management. Graduates who are returning Industrial Placements will undertake a shortened graduate scheme which is reduced in length from two years to eighteen months, enabling rapid progression within Gist.
• You will receive a salary of £17,000 with 25 days holiday; there is also a discretionary performance-related bonus scheme, pension scheme and healthcare.
• The scheme offers a structured but uniquely tailored schedule with planned training interventions that support your individual progression and development.
• You will be allocated a buddy a few months before you start, to help you get settled into life at Gist. You will also be allocated a mentor from our senior management team who will be there to offer support and guidance on your career development within Gist.
• Gist Limited is a leading UK supply chain company with a history that spans over 100 years. With a turnover of €600m, we are a leading player in the perishable and chilled sector supporting some of the biggest names in the food and beverage industry. Our 5,000 employees operate from 40+ locations in the UK and continental Europe.
"As an Industrial Placement student at Gist, you won't be undertaking dull or menial tasks; I can confidently say that you are given real responsibility in major projects from day one. Within my first 2 weeks at Gist I was managing a project that involved helping to support the start-up of a major supply-chain operation in North America, giving me the opportunity to develop my skills and expand my networking base." Natalie, Consulting Industrial Placement student 2015/2016.
How to apply
We are keen to ensure our selection process gives you a clear insight into our business, but most importantly offers you a good understanding of the Industrial Placement scheme, what it is like to be a Gist Industrial Placement student and how to make the most of your 12 months with us.
• If you share our passion for people, are extremely driven and want to develop yourself with Gist, we look forward to receiving your application.
• After application screening the next step is a competency based telephone interview with a member of our HR team.
• If successful, the final stage is an Assessment Centre that will take place at our Head Office in Basingstoke on Tuesday 29th November 2016. The day will consist of a competency based interview, presentation exercise and a group exercise.
• Please note, we are only able to accept applications from candidates who are able to commit to both the confirmed Assessment Centre date and a start date of September 2017.
To apply click here or on the 'Apply Now' button.
Competitive plus benefits Nationwide Ongoing
£23,000 to £40,000 plus OTE South West, London, Bristol ASAP
£22,000 to £45,000 plus benefits plus OTE London ASAP
£18,000 to £45,000 plus OTE plus Bonus London ASAP
£18,000 plus benefits North West 1-Sep-2017
Competitive plus benefits South East, Bracknell, Central 1-Jul-2017
£19k London ASAP
Competitive plus benefits London 3-Jul-2017
£32,500 +£5,000 welcome bonus plus benefits plus Bonus Nationwide
Competitive plus benefits London
£28,000 plus benefits South West, London, Scotland
£22,000 to £24,500 location weighting plus benefits plus Bonus Nationwide Ongoing
competitive London ASAP
£27,000 plus benefits Nationwide 1-Sep-2017
£25,000 plus benefits plus expenses salary review South East, London, Nationwide ASAP
£30,000 plus benefits Nationwide Various
£25,000 to £30,000 plus benefits South East, London Ongoing
Competitive West Midlands, Birmingham ASAP