Geography Researcher - Gladman Developments
- North West, Nationwide, Congleton
- Apply by:
- 20th March 2019
- Start date:
- Job type:
- Graduate job
Would you love to be able to work flexibly as part of a successful business that offers attractive rewards and career development opportunities? If so, and you’re a commercially minded and ambitious land professional, then this is a fantastic opportunity to be part of the winning team at Gladman.
Gladman is the UK’s most successful land promoter and is part of the respected Gladman Group which has been thriving in the development industry for over 30 years. The business acquires land opportunities nationwide and focuses on early delivery through a planning led approach.
What will the role of Geography Researcher entail?
Your role will predominantly involve identifying new land opportunities for the business and applying sustainable development principles. You will carry out detailed site appraisals and present your findings to senior members of the team.
Gladman also carry out in-house research on a number of issues related to planning and the housebuilding industry. You will play an active role in these research projects.
The role offers scope for future career progression in the business.
What key qualities and skills will I need for the role?
• You must be due to complete a Geography degree, this summer with a minimum predicted 2:1 grade. Alternatively, you could be currently employed and seeking new opportunities to apply your geography degree.
• Excellent communication skills, with the ability to build strong professional relationships
• Results driven and self-motivated with a proactive approach to work
• Ability to work effectively using own initiative, with minimal supervision
• Full UK driving licence
What will I receive in return?
You will be joining a business with a stable history and a longstanding workforce, where you will benefit from support and training, and have excellent opportunities for further career development and progression.
• Complimentary lunch daily at our on-site bistro
• 26 days annual leave plus bank holidays
• 5% employer pension contributions
• Private healthcare
• Wellness programme
• Wide variety of social events.
Hours of Work: 40 hour working week, with flexible start and finish times around the core hours. Ability to work compressed hours, resulting in working a 9-day fortnight.
Sign up for job alerts - its free