|Salary:||Competitive + Bonus|
|Location:||North West, Liverpool|
|Sectors:||Accounting, Sports and Recreation, Finance, Research & Analysis|
SportPesa - the global brand in cutting-edge sports technology and entertainment has taken over as Everton's new shirt sponsor and is set to create many exciting opportunities on Merseyside at its European headquarters at the Royal Liver Building on the city's waterfront. Those roles will mostly be IT-based, with SportPesa's local partner 'Sportsoft' pushing for a local recruitment drive in Merseyside as part of a long-term vision. We are excited to deliver the familiar local touch to the market that our brand has been known for providing best product, superior customer service and execute on our commitment for global growth.
We reckon there are three careers ideally suited for sports trading – actuary, financial trader and professional gamers. If one of this trio is your dream career or your current day job, you have a head-start in turning a profit as a part-time punter, the only real difference is the context… these professions are explicitly focused on analysing and managing risk and are reasonably obvious breeding grounds for successful sports traders.
In a more general sense what we are talking about however, is a mindset that is suited to rational decision-making under conditions of uncertainty. Traders can operate in many spheres, but in each their objective is the same, to buy and sell profitably. This is of course what sports trading is fundamentally all about; buying and selling odds. Sports Traders compile and analyse statistics on sporting events, calculate the underlying risk or probability, and then add a margin (premium) in order to make a profit.
So, if you are an aspiring actuary, financial trader looking for a new asset class to invest in, or a gamer, you shouldn’t find sports trading far from your dream career or your regular day job. Equally, if you are an aspiring trader looking for a job that complements and improves your trading acumen you might want to think about a career change.
• Manage Sportsbook pricing and market offering
• Monitor real time business and react accordingly to market changes
• Build and maintain relationships with 3rd party suppliers and internal departments
• Customer management and profiling
• Sport and market analysis
• Awareness of competitors offering and strategies
• Liability and risk management
• Support new product and innovation
• Proven understanding and passion of Sports and fixed odds trading
• Strong numerical skills
• Customer focused to deliver and manage a wide ranges of competitive trading opportunities
• Team player with a “can do” attitude
• Flexible approach to work as duties will evolve around the sporting calendar and include weekends and public holidays
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to work under pressure while making important trading decisions
• Some experience of Trading/Odds compilation would be desirable but not essential
• Liaising with other internal and external departments such as Marketing, Product and Customer Service
We offer an excellent pay and benefits package such as pension, health, life assurance, gym membership and relocation assistance. The Company’s success is reliant on a flexible and knowledgeable workforce and all employees will be offered access to training and development opportunities and will be encouraged to develop their potential.
Apply via the apply now button, outlining your interest.
£17,500 plus Bonus Liverpool, North West 1-Aug-2018
£25,000, rising to £27,000 after 6 months plus benefits plus Bonus London ASAP
Competitive plus benefits London ASAP
competitive plus benefits Liverpool, North West ASAP
£23000 to £25000 per annum negotiable depending on experience plus stock options plus benefits plus OTE plus Bonus plus share scheme London