Frasers Group – Trainee Commercial Manager
Job title: Trainee Commercial Manager
Salary: £25k (top performers will rise to £80k in two years)
Location: Shirebrook HQ
Frasers Group started as a small store in Maidenhead in 1982 and from there, grew to become a global powerhouse. We are now a collection of the world’s most iconic brands (Sports Direct, Flannels, House of Fraser, Jack Wills, Evans Cycles, GAME).
We’re reimagining retail and believe the higher the risk, the greater the reward. We’ve never been afraid to push forward and change the way the industry operates, diversifying our portfolio and elevating stores. We’re not sitting back – there’s no room for hesitation.
Finding the fearless.
To stay ambitious, we need a new generation of commercial leaders who will embrace our heritage as we look to elevate our future. We’re looking for candidates who see the possible in impossible; those who are open-minded and humble, not afraid to take a risk if it’s the best option for our business. Our people are passionate about the business and their area of expertise – whether that’s luxury fashion buying or sportswear analytics.
The Frasers Group Elevation Programme will fast-track exceptional individuals to peak performance within two years. You will have the opportunity to impact the commercial performance of our products from inception to retirement, working in each of the teams within the Commercial Division.
You will spend some time working in one of our stores, whether that be Flannels, Sports Direct or Evans Cycles, experiencing the impact of your decisions on customers themselves and see how our products get to the customers hands through working in our state-of-the-art distribution centre.
Your experience will begin with a three-week immersive orientation programme to set you up for unlimited success. We will support your ongoing progression with a learning and development week every two months where you will secure what you have learnt in each of the commercial teams and develop towards becoming a Junior Commercial Manager.
Through this rotational programme you will work in every area of our commercial division and, at the junior level will support our team to:
- Recognise customer trends and adapt our product range/mix to make sure Frasers gets the best commercial value
- Build partnerships with our brands including Nike, Adidas, Under Armour and Sketchers
- Negotiate with suppliers to get the right product, at the right price, just at the right time
- Analyse the commercial performance of our products and make decisions about how to adapt them to meet customer needs
- Apply pricing models to our products so they are the most attractive to the customer
- Review the best performing products and move stock to where the customers want it most
- Work with our distribution team to ensure that stock is available at the right place at the right time
- Design desirable products across all of our brands
- Valid working rights for the EMEA countries
- > 1-year work experience in any industry
- GCSE pass grades in Maths and English
- Experience in fashion, design or analytical subjects is of interest – but not essential
Frasers Group plc, formerly Sports Direct International plc, is a British retailing group. Established in 1982 by Mike Ashley, the company is the United Kingdom's largest sports-goods retailer.
Elsewhere on graduatejobs
Related :frasers trainee commercial manager graduate retail leadership scheme programme buying
People who applied for this job also applied for:
£45,000 to £50,000 + sign on bonus
Competitive starting annual salary
South West, London, West Midlands, North West, Scotland, Northern Ireland, Yorkshire, Belfast, Birmingham, Bristol, Edinburgh, Glasgow, Leeds, Manchester
5Spencer Ogden Ltd
South East, London
£24,500 +Uncapped commission+company car
£30,000 to £40,000 OTE
30,000 to 40,000 OTE