|Salary:||£27,138 + benefits|
|Sectors:||Consultancy, Customer Service, Engineering, Environmental, Energy & Utilities|
We are the Environment Agency. We protect and improve the environment.
You will be part of a diverse organisation which takes pride in welcoming applicants from all sections of the community.
Acting to reduce the impacts of a changing climate on people and wildlife is at the heart of everything we do. We work with government, local councils, businesses, civil society groups and communities to make our environment a better place for people and wildlife.
We’re investing £1.4 billion between now and 2021 that will reduce flood risk to 300,000 homes across the UK.
You can expect to be involved in any of the following:
• Engaging with communities, businesses and a variety of stakeholders
• Advising local planning authorities
• Issuing environmental works permits
• Delivering projects
• Make sure that works near, and developments adjacent to, watercourses conform to various legislation and will not increase flood risk
• Work with the Sustainable Places team to respond to development proposals
• Communicate complex information on sensitive issues in a manner that is tailored to your audience
• Interpreting and mapping data
Do you want to make a difference to people’s lives? Join
us to help protect even more homes and businesses from future
Partnerships and Strategic Overview (PSO) teams have the overview of how flood risk is being managed in their geographic area. PSO coordinate our relationship with other flood risk management authorities, including Lead Local Flood Authorities. PSO also help other teams and partner organisations plan future projects, such as the creation of new flood defences. The team interprets data and flood mapping, works up projects, advises on any development that might be affected by flood risk.
Through your experience you will ideally be able to demonstrate some
of the following:
• Have an engineering / science background or a relevant degree / professional qualification
• Skilled at managing multiple priorities and competing demands
• Be able to show where you’ve worked with others to deliver success
• Be an intelligent problem solver, with a methodical work approach
• Ability to develop and maintain good relationships with internal and external customers
• Organisational skills and an ability to use MS Office (strong Excel skills are desirable) and other relevant applications
• Knowledge of, and experience working on, Projects, Working with others and/or Evidence and Risk work stream
Please don’t be put off applying for this role if you don’t have a degree, as experience in the flood risk sector is of equal interest to us.
A full UK driving license is required for this role.
As well as a competitive starting salary we offer:
• A generous career average pension scheme (18.5% contributions from us)
• Holiday allowance related to grade and length of service, rising from 27 days to 30 days per year, plus eight statutory public and bank holidays (pro-rata for part-time employees)
• Enhanced maternity, paternity and adoption leave schemes
• Leave for examinations, approved studies, public duties, special/reserve forces, environmental work, trade union representatives and health and safety representatives
• A range of flexible working options, including flexi-time - these depend on business needs, but our aim is to help you achieve a positive work-life balance
• Occupational health benefits, including counselling and advisory service, eye care service and access to our employee assistance service
• Interest free loans for season tickets and/or bicycles and safety equipment
• Childcare vouchers scheme
• Subsidised sports and social clubs
• Up to two days paid environmental outcome days each year. These give you the opportunity to take part in community activities with a clear environmental outcome for people and wildlife
• Many other rewards, including shopping, leisure, fitness, finance and travel benefits and discounts
• Everyone starting in a new role with the Environment Agency will be welcomed into the team and given all of the training and support you need to succeed.
• As part of your comprehensive induction you will also be provided with all the equipment required for your role.
• There are also fully funded opportunities to develop further academic/professional qualifications.
• The Environment Agency offer an extensive range of employee benefits.
• For further information on this role, the employee benefits and the work of the Environment Agency, please download the candidate pack.
For any questions relating to this role, please contact: FCRMRecruitment@environment-agency.gov.uk.
These vacancies are a mixture of permanent and fixed term contract opportunities. We are currently recruiting for this role in the following locations: Bedford, Bideford, Bodmin, Brampton, Chelmsford, Colchester, Ely, Exeter, Ipswich, Kettering, Launceston, Lincoln, London, Norwich, Nottingham, Rye, Sale, Sevenoaks, Warrington, Welwyn Garden City and West Malling.
Interviews are scheduled to take place from week commencing February 26.
We apply the Baseline Personnel Security Standard (BPSS) check when recruiting staff to our posts. This includes a basic criminal records check. Some posts may require CTC level security clearance, this will be confirmed to you during the recruitment process.
£22,000 to £45,000 plus benefits plus OTE South East, London ASAP
£22,000 to £24,500 location weighting plus benefits plus Bonus London Ongoing
£22,000 to £24,500 location weighting plus benefits plus Bonus The East, Peterborough Ongoing
£22,000 to £24,500 location weighting plus benefits plus Bonus London, Sidcup Ongoing
£18.5k to £22k + uncapped commission & benefits South East, South West, London, North West, Nationwide ASAP