|Salary:||£27,138 + benefits|
|Sectors:||Consultancy, Customer Service, Engineering, Environmental, Energy & Utilities|
We are the Environment Agency. We protect and improve the environment.
You will be part of a diverse organisation which takes pride in welcoming applicants from all sections of the community.
Acting to reduce the impacts of a changing climate on people and wildlife is at the heart of everything we do. We work with government, local councils, businesses, civil society groups and communities to make our environment a better place for people and wildlife.
We’re investing £1.4 billion between now and 2021 that will reduce flood risk to 300,000 homes across the UK.
You can expect to be involved in any of the following:
• Tracking project spend
• Scheduling project resources
• Advising on the status of projects and the wider programme
• Supplying information to national teams
• Briefing communities
• You'll ensure capital & revenue projects and programmes are monitored effectively,
• You’ll extract and analyse project, programme and performance data
• You’ll handle and respond to information requests, liaising with the relevant business areas including the RFCC
Do you want to make a difference to people’s lives? Join us to help protect even more homes and businesses from future flooding.
The programme team monitors; spending, delivery and our performance against our capital programme target. The FCRM programme includes the creation of new flood defences, repair and maintenance of flood risk assets and routine river maintenance. The team provides information to national EA teams and Regional Flood and Coastal Committees, in addition to briefing communities, politicians and partners on programme progress. The team advise on the status of the FCRM programme and any risks and opportunities.
Through your experience to date you will ideally be able to
demonstrate some of the following:
• You will have managed numerous projects and programmes in the past at Project Manager or Programme Manager level.
• Skilled at managing multiple priorities and competing demands
• Able to show where you’ve worked with others to deliver outcomes
• An intelligent problem solver with a methodical work approach
• You must be highly numerate and have experience overseeing project finances
• You’ll be able to demonstrate how you’ve developed strong relationships with internal and external partners as well as the general public
Please don’t be put off applying for this role if you don’t have a degree, as experience in the flood risk sector is of equal interest to us.
A full UK driving license is required for this role.
As well as a competitive starting salary we offer:
• A generous career average pension scheme (18.5% contributions from us)
• Holiday allowance related to grade and length of service, rising from 27 days to 30 days per year, plus eight statutory public and bank holidays (pro-rata for part-time employees)
• Enhanced maternity, paternity and adoption leave schemes
• Leave for examinations, approved studies, public duties, special/reserve forces, environmental work, trade union representatives and health and safety representatives
• A range of flexible working options, including flexi-time - these depend on business needs, but our aim is to help you achieve a positive work-life balance
• Occupational health benefits, including counselling and advisory service, eye care service and access to our employee assistance service
• Interest free loans for season tickets and/or bicycles and safety equipment
• Childcare vouchers scheme
• Subsidised sports and social clubs
• Up to two days paid environmental outcome days each year. These give you the opportunity to take part in community activities with a clear environmental outcome for people and wildlife
• Many other rewards, including shopping, leisure, fitness, finance and travel benefits and discounts
• Everyone starting in a new role with the Environment Agency will be welcomed into the team and given all of the training and support you need to succeed.
• As part of your comprehensive induction you will also be provided with all the equipment required for your role.
• There are also fully funded opportunities to develop further academic/professional qualifications.
• The Environment Agency offer an extensive range of employee benefits.
For further information on this role, the employee benefits and the work of the Environment Agency, please download the candidate pack.
For any questions relating to this role, please contact: FCRMRecruitment@environment-agency.gov.uk.
These vacancies are a mixture of permanent and fixed term contract opportunities.
We are currently recruiting for this role in the following locations: Nottingham, Sale and Warrington
Interviews are scheduled to take place from week commencing February 26.
We apply the Baseline Personnel Security Standard (BPSS) check when recruiting staff to our posts. This includes a basic criminal records check. Some posts may require CTC level security clearance, this will be confirmed to you during the recruitment process.
£22,000 to £24,500 location weighting plus benefits plus Bonus South East, Milton Keynes Ongoing
£22,000 to £24,500 location weighting plus benefits plus Bonus West Midlands, Leamington Spa Ongoing
£22,000 to £24,500 location weighting plus benefits plus Bonus South East, Luton Ongoing
£22,000 to £24,500 location weighting plus benefits plus Bonus South East, The East Ongoing
£22,000 to £24,500 location weighting plus benefits plus Bonus South East, Reading Ongoing