|Salary:||£27,138 + benefits|
|Sectors:||Consultancy, Customer Service, Engineering, Environmental, Energy & Utilities|
We are the Environment Agency. We protect and improve the environment.
You will be part of a diverse organisation which takes pride in welcoming applicants from all sections of the community.
Acting to reduce the impacts of a changing climate on people and wildlife is at the heart of everything we do. We work with government, local councils, businesses, civil society groups and communities.
We’re investing £1.4 billion between now and 2021 that will reduce flood risk to 300,000 homes across the UK.
You can expect to be involved in any of the following:
• Engaging with local communities, raising awareness of flood risk and helping them put plans in place
• Responsible for improving how we prepare for and respond to flooding and other environmental incidents
• You will be instrumental in a wide range of local projects and working groups
• Administering flood warning systems and signage
• Working with businesses and partners to improve the way we prepare and respond to floods
• Using GIS systems and tools
Do you want to make a difference to people’s lives? Join us to help protect even more homes and businesses from future flooding.
Our Flood Resilience Team (FRT) works to ensure we are resilient and ready for incidents. The team maintains our rosters for emergency work, co-ordinates training and exercises, maintains our incident room and supports our incident staff. The Flood Resilience Team work with communities at risk from flooding by maintaining our flood warning systems, answering enquiries and providing advice to communities.
Through your experience to date you will ideally be able to
demonstrate some of the following:
• Knowledge of flood risk management
• An interest in Geography and Emergency Planning, as part of this role we are looking for more than an academic understanding of the issues we face
• Good facilitation and coordination skills
• An efficient and logical approach to project management
• Excellent customer service, communications and interpersonal skills
• GIS skills would be advantageous
Please don’t be put off applying for this role if you don’t have a degree, as experience in the flood risk sector is of equal interest to us.
A full UK driving license is required for this role.
As well as a competitive starting salary we offer:
• A generous career average pension scheme (18.5% contributions from us)
• Holiday allowance related to grade and length of service, rising from 27 days to 30 days per year, plus eight statutory public and bank holidays (pro-rata for part-time employees)
• Enhanced maternity, paternity and adoption leave schemes
• Leave for examinations, approved studies, public duties, special/reserve forces, environmental work, trade union representatives and health and safety representatives
• A range of flexible working options, including flexi-time - these depend on business needs, but our aim is to help you achieve a positive work-life balance
• Occupational health benefits, including counselling and advisory service, eye care service and access to our employee assistance service
• Interest free loans for season tickets and/or bicycles and safety equipment
• Childcare vouchers scheme
• Subsidised sports and social clubs
• Up to two days paid environmental outcome days each year. These give you the opportunity to take part in community activities with a clear environmental outcome for people and wildlife
• Many other rewards, including shopping, leisure, fitness, finance and travel benefits and discounts
Everyone starting in a new role with the Environment Agency will be welcomed into the team and given all of the training and support you need to succeed.
• As part of your comprehensive induction you will also be provided with
all the equipment required for your role.
• There are also fully funded opportunities to develop further academic/professional qualifications.
• The Environment Agency offer an extensive range of employee benefits.
• For further information on this role, the employee benefits and the work of the Environment Agency, please download the candidate pack.
For any questions relating to this role, please contact: FCRMRecruitment@environment-agency.gov.uk.
These vacancies are a mixture of permanent and fixed term contract opportunities. We are currently recruiting for this role in the following locations: Bideford, Bodmin, Exeter, Launceston and Nottingham.
Interviews are scheduled to take place from week commencing February 26.
We apply the Baseline Personnel Security Standard (BPSS) check when recruiting staff to our posts. This includes a basic criminal records check. Some posts may require CTC level security clearance, this will be confirmed to you during the recruitment process.
Competitive plus benefits South East, South West, London, West Midlands, Wales, North West, Scotland, Yorkshire, Nationwide Various
£25000 to £35000 per annum plus OTE London 12-Mar-2018
£35000 to £70000 per annum plus OTE London 12-Mar-2018
£22000 to £30000 per annum plus OTE London 26-Mar-2018
£25000 to £35000 per annum plus OTE London 5-Mar-2018