Financial Services Consulting Junior Associate - London
- 1st September 2019
- Start date:
- September 2019
- Job type:
- Graduate job
As a Financial Services Consulting Junior Associate, your role will be to assist banking and insurance clients to assess and improve their existing methods, policies, systems and ensure compliance with best practices and regulatory guidance.
As a Junior Associate your typical daily duties will include:
- Research, collect, prepare and present information/statistics as required;
- Consider the impact of legislation upon specific requirements;
- Collect and synthesise information from fieldwork and draft client-specific conclusions/recommendations;
- Maintain professional working relationships with clients throughout the fieldwork and social activities;
- Prepare presentations/ marketing collaterals;
- Support with the management of tender proposals for new work;
- Have an awareness of the various services provided by Mazars;
- Attend all training courses as required.
You will also assist with the running of workshops, external seminars, conferences and with the publication of internal and external articles on topics of interest for financial services.
We are looking for collaborative people who think creatively about their work and enjoy embracing challenges. Do you have?:
- Desired: Previous work experience/internship in the Banking, Finance or Consulting Industry;
- Interpersonal skills; the ability to build client relationships with a foundation of trust and responsibility.
- Analytical skills; the ability to think critically, research and solve problems.
- Attention to detail and strong time-management skills.
- Commitment to self-development & learning.
- Affinity with our values; in particular, respect for individuals, diversity and integrity.
If this sounds like you, this could be the perfect opportunity.
- Masters degree in a business related discipline
- 2.1 or above in any degree discipline
- Minimum of 112 UCAS points (achieved in the same academic year, from your 3 best A Levels and excluding General Studies). This is based on the new 2017 UCAS Tariff. You can calculate your UCAS points here.
- Grade B or above in GCSE English Language and Maths.
Please specify on your application if there were extenuating circumstances or exceptional achievements that we should take into account. We also accept equivalent international qualifications.
- We operate a number of in-house training courses which will give you the technical insight to keep up with changes in legislation and case law, both in the UK and worldwide.
- You will be given a mentor and an appraising manager to keep your career and aspirations on track.
- After you’ve joined the firm there will be an opportunity for you to study towards a professional qualification if desired.
We recognise that benefits are important to you and our aim at Mazars is to give you as much choice as possible and to allow you to benefit from our buying power. We offer core benefits to all employees – holiday, pension, life assurance and income protection insurance. Beyond that we want you to be able to choose benefits that you want, rather than have all benefits chosen for you.
As a Mazars employee you also have access to a range of voluntary benefits including a shopping-discount platform, discounted phone contracts, gym memberships and interest free season ticket loans.
“At Mazars, people matter. Everyone is different and we treat our people as individuals, playing to their strengths. We pride ourselves on nurturing and developing talent, helping our people fulfil their aspirations whatever they may be.”
Ian Wrightson, UK Executive, Head of People & Culture
We are a positively different international accountancy and advisory firm. With entrepreneurship and a desire to create value at the heart of our DNA, we differentiate ourselves by the opportunities we offer our people, our approach to working with clients and our passion for responsible business.
Mazars is among the top 10 accountancy firms within the UK with approximately 140 partners and over 1800 staff serving clients from 17 offices. With offices in more than 80 countries across six continents the opportunities to build and develop your career are infinite.
If you are interested in a career in professional services, we can offer you an exciting head start by joining one of our trainee schemes for school or college leavers.
Mazars Interview Reviews
21 February 2018
My interview was a one on one interview with a member of their graduate recruitment team, the interview took place at their London office. The interview starts with an exercise...
19 June 2017
After completing verbal and numerical tests online, I was invited to the 1st round interview. It was with a member of graduate recruitment and it lasted around an hour where it...
06 July 2015
Firstly there is an online application form to pass. Then there are two stages to the Public Sector Internal Audit (PSIA) recruitment process which is different to the other...
Sign up for job alerts - its free