Founded in 1999 this company is a well-established publisher and events company for the wealth management and financial services industry. Based in St James' Park with members of staff based in London, Switzerland and Singapore they provide the latest industry news and content to subscribers across the financial services and wealth management industry.
This is an entry level graduate job paying £20,000 - £23,000.
How can you expect to spend your day?
You will join the business as a Junior News Reporter responsible for researching and producing articles on topics relating to the financial sector, wealth management and private banking. This is a great entry level graduate job for a recent graduate who can spot a good story, has a flair for writing and wants a job or future career in content writing or journalism.
During your typical day you will be connected with the other journalists preparing content for their two main financial publications; one of which focuses purely on wealth investment news and the other on professional financial consulting. You will have regular contact with other team members and there will be face to face meetings from their Central London office as required. You will be involved with all aspects of the editorial process, working on a daily online news service.
This job is predominately home based as your day has three working shifts to be in line with publishing time frames for the finance sector. There is a degree of flexibility with your working shifts and a lunch break too, meaning this role suits someone who would like to manage their work/ life balance and be able to work from wherever they like. The working shifts that you'd expected to be online for are weekday only and as follows: 06:30-08:30/ 10:00-14:00/ 16:30-18:30. These working hours are based on when content needs delivering and when research/ interviews need to be prepared.
What are the ideal candidate's personality, skills and qualifications?
• Educated to degree level, subjects of interest include but are not limited to, English, Politics and History.
• Any prior experience writing for a financial publication would be beneficial.
• Strong content and copy writing skills are a must.
• Excellent grammar and command of English.
• An early riser is required to be up and online in time for the morning's first 'email alert' which goes out at 8am to subscribers from the finance sector.
• A responsible and reliable member of the team.
• Able to prioritise workload when required and work towards deadlines.
• High attention to detail to spot the missing data.
• A pro-active individual looking for a great job that requires responsibility and reliable
What is the last person who was in this role doing now?
After staying in the position for over two years has now moved onto a large publishing house.
What are the perks of working at this company?
• The successful candidate will benefit from having an industry recognised name on their CV, a competitive salary, company phone and laptop along with great industry contacts for long term career progression!
£24000 to £45000 per annum plus OTE London ASAP
Competitive plus benefits London ASAP
£35k Package, Competitive Salary negotiable plus OTE London, Central London ASAP
£20000 to £50000 per annum plus OTE plus Bonus The East 18-Jun-2018
£22000 to £25000 per annum plus benefits plus OTE plus Bonus London ASAP