|Salary:||£15,150 + benefits|
|Location:||South West, Filton, Little Stoke|
We are looking for a Finance Intern to join the Filton Plant Financial Controlling team.
For the Financial Controlling role, key activities will include:
• Support financial control of Filton plant, including monthly reporting, forecasting, budgeting and planning.
• Through company cost control initiatives, track savings and progress of all projects (attend project meetings, update progress reports, track total).
• Assist in the development of Key Performance Indicators (KPI's) within the operational arena including hours per aircraft set and hourly rate analysis.
• Support preparation of monthly reports to heads of function within A400M operations.
• Provide controlling support as part of the annual target setting process and remain-to-do forecasting exercises.
• Collect and manage investment initiatives in collaboration with function heads.
• Support and develop understanding of EVM (Earned Value Management) within operations arena.
• To gain accounting and controlling experience within the business' Finance function and experience of the Cost Accounting and Financial Control processes operated by a transnational integrated organisation.
• Development of the interpersonal skills required to work effectively within a transnational team that supports all areas of the business.
• To gain knowledge of how ERP (Enterprise resource planning) systems are used in the management of a complex industrial organisation.
• Develop a good understanding and experience within operational arena, including understanding of investment appraisal and KPI's within an operations environment.
You must be an undergraduate for the whole duration of the placement. You must have completed a minimum of 2 years in a Business, Accountancy or Finance related degree. Candidates must be able to demonstrate the following:
• Computer skills (MS Office, Excel, Access & PowerPoint)
• Good team working and interpersonal skills
• Good communication skills; verbal and written
• Ability to work on your own initiative
• Desire to work in an Accounting and Finance role in industry
• Strong academic background - ideally grade C or above in A-levels
• Some work experience in Finance capacity preferable although not essential
Airbus is a global leader in aeronautics, space and related services. In 2016, it generated revenues of € 67 billion and employed a workforce of around 134,000. Airbus offers the most comprehensive range of passenger airliners from 100 to more than 600 seats. Airbus is also a European leader providing tanker, combat, transport and mission aircraft, as well as Europe's number one space enterprise and the world's second largest space business. In helicopters, Airbus provides the most efficient civil and military rotorcraft solutions worldwide. Our people work with passion and determination to make the world a more connected, safer and smarter place. Taking pride in our work, we draw on each other's expertise and experience to achieve excellence. Our diversity and teamwork culture propel us to accomplish the extraordinary - on the ground, in the sky and in space.
Airbus is committed to achieving workforce diversity and creating an inclusive working environment. We welcome all applications irrespective of social and cultural background, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation or religious belief
£18,000 to £20,000 plus benefits South East, South West, London, Central, The East, East Midlands, West Midlands, North West, North East, Yorkshire Ongoing
£18,000 to £20,000 plus benefits Scotland, Northern Ireland, Nationwide, Republic of Ireland Ongoing
Competitive South East, South West, London, Central, The East, East Midlands, West Midlands, North West, North East, Yorkshire ASAP
Competitive plus benefits London Various
£25,000 plus benefits Leeds, Yorkshire 15-Sep-2018