|Salary:||Competitive + benefits|
|Location:||South West, Wales, North West, Chester, Filton, Little Stoke|
Interested in gaining an introduction to a rewarding career in Finance? At Airbus you will have in Facilities Management the opportunity to gain exposure to a multi-billion euro transnational organisation within a department that adds day-to-day value to the company across the sites in Broughton and Filton.
To stay on top, Airbus recognises the importance of supporting high-achieving and talented undergraduates. We do this through offering challenging internship opportunities during which your skills and potential are fully maximised.
Our internships give a unique insight into potential career paths within Airbus. They are designed so that you can put your theoretical knowledge into practice and gain crucial industry experience. The skills and knowledge you gain will improve your chances of a future role within Airbus and should benefit your future studies.
Key activities include:
• Support financial control of monthly reporting, forecasting, budgeting and planning.
• Through Cost Control initiatives, track savings and progression of all projects (attend project meetings, date progress reports, track total).
• Assist in the development of Key Performance Indicators (KPI's) within the operational area.
• Provide support to operational managers in Broughton and Filton.
• To gain accounting and controlling experience within the business' Finance function and experience of the Cost Accounting and Financial Control processes operated by a transnational integrated organisation.
• Development of the interpersonal skills required to work effectively within a transnational team that supports all areas of the business.
• To gain knowledge of how ERP (Enterprise resource planning) systems are used in the management of a complex industrial organisation.
• Develop a good understanding and experience within operational arena, including understanding of investment appraisal and KPI's within an operations environment.
You must be an undergraduate for the whole duration of the placement.
You must have completed a minimum of 2 years in an Accountancy or Finance related degree.
Candidates must be able to demonstrate the following:
• Computer skills (MS Office, Excel, Access & PowerPoint)
• Good team working and interpersonal skills
• Good communication skills; verbal and written
• Ability to work on your own initiative
• Desire to work in an Accounting and Finance role in industry
• Strong academic background ideally grade C or above in A-levels
• Some work experience in Finance capacity preferable although not essential
Airbus is a global leader in aeronautics, space and related services. In 2016, it generated revenues of € 67 billion and employed a workforce of around 134,000. Airbus offers the most comprehensive range of passenger airliners from 100 to more than 600 seats. Airbus is also a European leader providing tanker, combat, transport and mission aircraft, as well as Europe's number one space enterprise and the world's second largest space business. In helicopters, Airbus provides the most efficient civil and military rotorcraft solutions worldwide. Our people work with passion and determination to make the world a more connected, safer and smarter place. Taking pride in our work, we draw on each other's expertise and experience to achieve excellence. Our diversity and teamwork culture propel us to accomplish the extraordinary - on the ground, in the sky and in space.
Airbus is committed to achieving workforce diversity and creating an inclusive working environment. We welcome all applications irrespective of social and cultural background, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation or religious belief
£18,000 to £20,000 plus benefits South East, South West, London, Central, The East, East Midlands, West Midlands, North West, North East, Yorkshire Ongoing
Competitive plus benefits London Various
£18,000 to £20,000 plus benefits Scotland, Northern Ireland, Nationwide, Republic of Ireland Ongoing
Competitive plus benefits Watford, London Various
Competitive South East, South West, London, Central, The East, East Midlands, West Midlands, North West, North East, Yorkshire ASAP