Arriva is one of the largest providers of passenger transport in Europe, employing around 60,000 people and delivering more than 2.2 billion passenger journeys across 14 European countries each year. Arriva is part of Deutsche Bahn (DB) and is responsible for DB's regional passenger transport services outside Germany.
It is a great time to be joining Arriva and the Finance team, with a new leadership team who are looking to address new challenges, this is your chance to get involved. The transport industry is going through lots of changes like environmental regulations, impact of Uber and driverless vehicles to name a few. Arriva need to invest in buses in a 15 year cycle and so need to look at investments today. There are some exciting projects to be part of and helping to shape what Arriva is investing in for the future and we are looking for a graduate to join us and be part of it. This is a 3 years graduate scheme which will support you in doing your ACA or CIMA qualification.
If you have strong financial acumen, sound business knowledge, good commercial awareness and are hardworking then this is the role for you. The finance team are looking for a proactive graduate with an entrepreneurial outlook and someone who is looking for a graduate programme where they can really make a difference and boost their career. You will get involved with financial reporting, KPIs and high level analysis of numbers and data. You will also be going out and visiting depots and sites, explaining financial information and helping to drive change and improvements, so good communication and stakeholder skills are essential. You will also get the chance to look at ways we can improve financial reporting, coming up with ideas and implementing them.
Wanted – Future Leaders!
At Arriva we want to find the very best people to help us transform our business. During the 3 year programme, you will have the chance to do placements in different business areas and work alongside experienced leaders, giving you a unique insight into our business and the skills you need to excel within it. It is possible that one of these placements is an international one, to one of the 14 European countries that Arriva operates in. You will attend a set of graduate events and training modules where you will gain knowledge about Arriva’s operations, strategy and business model and where you will meet Arriva’s senior managers and Graduates from other countries. Apart from your main assignments, you will be working on an international project together with other Arriva Graduates. You will be carefully supported by your mentor and will become part of an international Graduate network.
Even after the Graduate Programme we will continue to support your development. Show us good performance and we will show you the great growth opportunities that Arriva can offer you.
What we are looking for
We are looking for a highly motivated, hardworking and ambitious graduate to join the new Arriva Finance Graduate programme, this will be your chance to help us shape it and work closely with senior leadership.
The type of projects, tasks and responsibilities that you will take on during the programme are in the range of:
· Exposure to Senior Management from the start
· Opportunity to work on bespoke projects within other sectors of the business
· Monthly reporting and independent reporting
· ACC or CIMA – Arriva will cover all costs of your examinations over the three-year period and allow paid exam leave along with salary reviews after each exam
· Opportunity to spend time overseas with our European Partners
After successfully completing the Graduate Programme we will work with you to find a suitable role in our business.
To apply, you will need to meet the following requirements:
· You must have, or be expecting to achieve a minimum 2:1 undergraduate degree preferably in finance related degree but not essential
· Some commercial experience is desirable but not essential
· You are ambitious, constantly question what needs to be challenged and improved and identify opportunities
· You will have a forward-thinking approach
· You will bring the flexibility to be nationally / internationally mobile
· Excellent communication skills and the ability to engage at all levels internally and externally within a diverse multi-cultural environment.
· You will be results driven with the ability to innovate and implement and drive operational excellence
· See feedback and setbacks as opportunities to learn and improve
· English language skills to business standard required, and fluency in one other language is an advantage
If you’re looking for an opportunity to make a difference in a global business apply now and you may be one of the candidates to start the Arriva Graduate Programme in September 2018!
The Assessment Centre will take place on Tuesday 27 February 2018 in London.
£22000 to £24000 per annum plus benefits plus OTE plus Bonus London ASAP
Competitive plus benefits South East, South West, London, The East, East Midlands, West Midlands, North West, North East, Yorkshire, Nationwide ASAP
£20000 to £24000 per annum plus benefits plus OTE plus Bonus London ASAP
Up to £25000 per annum plus OTE London 1-May-2018
£25000 + commission plus OTE plus Bonus London, Central London ASAP