Finance Graduate Programme - Kuehne + Nagel
- £27,000 plus a £1,000 welcome bonus
- South East, South West, London, The East, East Midlands, West Midlands, Wales, North West, North East, Scotland
- Apply by:
- 28th October 2018
- Start date:
- Job type:
- Graduate job
A finance department with personality seeks like-minded graduates
We’re looking for two graduates who have a drive to learn, boldness to challenge, and a flair for building relationships, to fill positions available within Finance in September 2019. You’ll need to feel comfortable giving order to numbers and data, but we’re not necessarily looking for a hardcore mathematician or data buff; this is a fantastic opportunity to explore finance in a range of commercial and operational contexts, with the scheme lasting two years and made up of four business rotations across a variety of locations.
About the scheme and what you’ll be doing
Think of this scheme as Finance 101! You will rotate through four placements, mixing experiences in central finance as well as branches of the business, and during early placements we’ll expect you to start demonstrating competence in basic accountancy and finance techniques. You might get involved in anything from procurement to insurance to credit control, learning how the central team feeds into other parts of the business, but it’s your reliability and trustworthiness as a team member that will help you to succeed. The placements will cover four key areas:
• Central Finance – Milton Keynes (6 months)
• Contract Logistics Branch Finance – Various sites (6 months)
• International Freight Forwarding Branch Finance – Birmingham or Donnington (6 months)
• Overland Branch Finance – Castle Donnington (6 months)
In central finance you can expect a holistic overview of the business and how it fits together. You’ll undertake a mixture of roles, including administration and co-ordination tasks, so you can truly see the nuts and bolts of how we work. Placements ‘in branch’ mean you can experience operations first hand – you can expect to be sitting down with branch managers and discussing the realities of what’s happening ‘on the ground’, and how it fits with the data and numeric information available.
What kind of person will enjoy this role?
We’re growing the financial professionals of the future; in the modern world of rapidly developing technology and automation, our finance roles are about being a ‘business partner,’ which means we’re looking for graduates who can demonstrate empathy and emotional intelligence. Technical competency in accounting and finance is warmly welcomed, but your ability to build relationships is actually far more important than being able to digest 2,000 data points at a glance! If you’re looking to develop business knowledge, work with teams in various locations, and join the dots between data and reality then K+N’s Finance stream will be a great fit. Being able to articulate your life experiences, what you’ve learned, and why you think the way you do are all great indicators for us that you’ll thrive in this role. On the other hand, if you’re looking for a ‘pure’ numbers role then this won’t be the kind of position you’ll enjoy.
Where might the Finance graduate scheme take you?
After the programme, graduates can expect a developed professional identity and started working towards a specialism, leading to roles such as Business Analyst or Management Accountant. We’ll be looking to our Finance graduates to help K+N change with the exciting developments in the sector; a broad range of roles will be available as your career progresses, and we hope that our Finance graduates will be instrumental in change management in the coming years.
What do you need to be eligible to apply?
• A 2:2 degree qualification (achieved or expected) and 5 GCSE’s Grade
A-C including Maths & English
• Right to work in the UK
• You must be geographically mobile, able to relocate for placements and have a driving license/access to transport
What can we offer you?
• Starting salary £27,000 plus a £1000 welcome bonus + benefits (pension, healthcare, cashback & discount portal)
• Financial support with a professional qualification linked to programme: CIMA or ACCA Level 7
• Closing date for applications is 28/10/2018 and the assessment centre will be held 20/11/2018
Click here to find out more and apply!
Sign up for job alerts - its free