Finance Graduate Programme
- £27,000 plus a £1000 welcome bonus + benefits
- South East, Nationwide, Milton Keynes
- 27th October 2019
- Start date:
- September 2020
- Job type:
- Graduate job
A finance department with personality seeks like-minded graduates
We are looking for two graduates to join Kuehne + Nagel on our Finance graduate programme in September 2020. This not your typical finance graduate programme; we’re looking for individuals who are eager to explore finance in a range of commercial and operational contexts, working with our operations to drive business success. This is a two year graduate programme, comprising of four business placements.
About the programme and what you will be doing
The Finance graduate programme will show you how the finance function contributes to the commercial success of a business. You will undertake a mixture of roles, including head office, branch and warehouse finance, giving you a holistic overview of the business and how it fits together.
The business placements will cover four key areas:
- Central Finance – Milton Keynes (6 months)
- Branch Finance Contract Logistics – Various locations across the UK (6 months)
- Branch Finance IFF – Various locations across the UK (6 months)
- Branch Finance Overland – Various locations across the UK (6 months)
Think of your first placement as Finance 101! During early placements we will expect you to start demonstrating competence in basic accountancy and finance techniques. You might get involved in anything from procurement to insurance to credit control, learning how the central team feeds into other parts of the business.
Your next three placements will be ‘in branch.’ During these placements you will be supporting the finance departments within a specific operation. You will gain an understanding of the different processes and controls within each operation, develop skills in stakeholder management and relationship building, understand how income is generated, the cost-drivers, and cost-savers. You will work closely with the operation to ensure the finance department is contributing to the business success.
What kind of person will enjoy this role?
In in the modern world of rapidly developing technology and automation, our finance roles are about being a business partner. This means that whilst technical competency in accounting and finance is warmly welcomed, your ability to build relationships and understand the commercial environment is actually far more important. We need people who can look beyond the data and apply it to our environment. If you’re looking to develop business knowledge, work with dynamic teams, and join the dots between data and reality then KN’s Finance graduate programme will be a great fit.
Where might the Finance graduate programme take you?
KN Finance is going through a transformation to become true partners to our operational business, and we will be looking to our Finance graduates to help lead KN through the exciting developments over the next few years. Immediately after the programme, graduates can expect to start working in roles such as Business Analyst or Management Accountant, either in a Head Office function or supporting one of our operations.
What do you need to be eligible to apply?
- A 2:2 degree qualification (achieved or expected) and 5 GCSE’s Grade A-C including Maths & English
- Eligibility to work in the UK
- You must be able to relocate for business placements as stated
- A full UK driving license (or will have one by September 2020)
- Access to your own transport
What can we offer you?
- Starting salary £27,000 plus a £1000 welcome bonus + benefits (pension, healthcare, cashback & discount portal)
- Sponsored professional qualification linked to programme
Closing date for applications is 27th October 2019
The assessment centre will be held on Thursday 5th December 2019
Sign up for job alerts - its free