Event Logistics Coordinator | £23K | International Consultancy | London
- £23,000 (per annum)
- Apply by:
- 5th January 2019
- Start date:
- Job type:
- Graduate job
Our client is a rapidly growing agency and consultancy that recommends
speakers, and talent for corporate events around the world. Their client
base is made up of globally recognisable brands, public sector
organisations, event agencies, marketing and PR companies, charities and
associations. Essentially anyone involved in events i.e. conferences,
dinners, award ceremonies and PR launches.
The speakers and talent they supply to their clients come from a wide range of backgrounds including politics, sport, business, television and comedy. As such, the right candidate should take an interest in and be up to date with current affairs and world events. They are looking for a high calibre, enthusiastic and self-motivated individual to join their hard working team.
Their success as a company comes from every member of the team playing an integral role in developing the business. The ideal candidate will be able to identify opportunities for both themselves and the company to develop.
This is a grad job offering up to £23K per annum depending on your
How you can expect to spend your day:
• Coordinating all the logistical arrangements for the speaker bookings made by the account management team. This includes the contracting and negotiation, ensuring the speaker is properly briefed by the client, organising travel and accommodation and any relevant travel documents, arranging book signings and making sure technical requirements are in place as well any other requests that come up over the course of a booking.
• Working closely with the account management team to ensure flawless delivery of the client's event all the while providing stellar customer service. You will build relationships with and act as liaison between the clients and the speakers at all stages of the booking.
• Helping out in all aspects of the company, such as the website and social media, planning the showcase events and chaperoning speakers, preparing for exhibitions, contributing to marketing meetings, writing blogs, going out to events to meet clients and hear speakers, and constantly being on the lookout for new and exciting speakers for our clients.
The ideal candidate's personality and qualifications:
•The ideal candidate will be a quick thinker, super organised, self-reliant and a strong team player. You should have broad interests and be up-to-date with current affairs and world events, as the speakers and talent that they supply to clients hail from a wide range of backgrounds, including politics, sport, business, television, and comedy. You should also have the confidence and adaptability to thrive on a fast-paced workload with ever changing needs and demands both internally and externally.
• You should be known for your exceptional organisation, planning and scheduling skills.
• You should possess the ability to work accurately and effectively at a fast pace and with great attention to detail.
• You'll be someone who thrives off smoothing over problems to make the clients and speakers calm, happy and relaxed.
• You will be a creative problem solver who is always one step ahead and has the confidence to make an impact, so you'll need to use your initiative and be resourceful.
• You should have great interpersonal skills for confidently liaising and mediating between clients and speakers, especially in managing each party's expectations and in conflict resolution.
• You will be confident, with good diplomacy, negotiation skills and an ability to placate occasional conflict over the phone or by email.
• You'll need to consistently demonstrate excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• You should have the ability to independently manage and prioritise numerous concurrent tasks.
• You're happy working both independently and as part of a team.
• You're willing to go the extra mile to delight clients, assist speakers and support your team, occasionally having to work at weekends and in the evening.
• You get a buzz from solving/resolving all kinds of logistical situations and people problems.
What are the perks of working at this company?
• Pension scheme
• Bike-to-work scheme
• Childcare vouchers
• Season ticket loan
• Flexi-working around core hours (discretionary)
• Peer to peer mentoring scheme
• Work iPhone upon completion of probation period
• 20 days of annual leave, with 1 day accrued for every year of service up to 25 days, and the option to buy 5 additional days a year
• The opportunity to see and hear as many speakers and comedians as you can!
Sign up for job alerts - its free