Entry-level Information Technology Consultant (Software)
Are you passionate about technology? Want to get the best start to your digital career?
Get fast-tracked into a ground-breaking career as a software technology consultant working with one of our clients, BAE Systems. You'll build in-demand skills specialising in advanced, cutting-edge software. Every day you'll use specialised technology to power BAE Systems into the future.
We're looking for passionate techies - whether you've studied tech, got tech knowledge or want to get into the industry and have learnt to code in your spare time.
Usually, you are required to be geographically flexible across the UK. However, your first client (BAE Systems) will be based in either Frimley or Portsmouth.
What's in store
- Training from seriously clever mentors Software solutions power organisations. The software you'll specialise in is high in demand, but low in supply. You'll gain it with training at our 15-week consulting academy which will be delivered remotely from our technology hub.
- Your career in digital consulting After your training you'll work on-site with BAE Systems based in either Frimley or Portsmouth ·
- Push yourself and your career further Learning with QA doesn't stop after 15 weeks. We encourage you to continually learn and challenge yourself technically - so you can fulfil your potential.
What's the job like
As a technology consultant at BAE you will be responsible for producing the HCI for the Combat Management System CMS-1. Console is one of the most immediately visible components of the system and is a key contributor to the user experience. You will undertake a range of software development activities such as design, development, integration, maintenance and documentation of the Console Product, and in line with our processes, under the direction of existing engineers.
The Software Installation team develop and maintain scripts and applications which enable the build and installation of software baselines relating to a number of complex Naval Combat System equipment (CSEs) including the CMS & Shared infrastructure Products. All software is developed to be highly configurable in order to maximise commonality across CSEs. Functionality varies hugely in complexity and purpose but typically consists of a large number of small self-contained scripts and applications written using various technologies including VB Script, C# and Powershell.
- Understand the principles of excellent software coding practices. · Work with all parts of an application - the back-end code, the front-end website and the database.
- A monthly bursary is paid to you during your training which will be delivered remotely. · Industry-recognised certifications to boost your employability and promotability (if certifications apply to your specialism)
- Competitive salary of £23,500 post-training
- Contributory pension scheme · Regular social events (like technical talks and hackathons)
- Continued support to help you fulfil your- you'll keep advancing your technical skills throughout your career with QA
What we need from you
- A genuine passion for technology - you should demonstrate this on your CV. What have you done in your spare time, as well as your qualifications/knowledge? Have you learnt to code? Have you done any free online training? Have you built a website?
- Excitement and willingness to learn tonnes of new skills and new technologies · A go-getter with a can-do attitude ·
- You should be eligible to be able to apply for UK Security Clearance
- You should have qualifications equivalent to or above A Level/Level 3/BTEC
- You should be able to work or relocate to either Frimley or Portsmouth after the training period.
We'd certainly like…
- Knowledge of one of the following programming languages (whether that's in a job, in education or in your spare time): Python, Java, C# or C++.
- Basic knowledge of Linux.
- Any relevant qualifications including but not limited to: BTEC, Diplomas, HND, HNC or Degrees. More specifically in a technical subject.
- We will consider applications from a non-technical background if you show aptitude, passion and an interest for learning technology skills.
Supercharge your digital career. Click the link and apply now.
QA values and diversity
We're an equal opportunity employer. We are opposed to discrimination on any grounds. It's QA policy to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, colour, creed, religion, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law.
QA is a leading provider of specialist software, IT and fully managed services in finance, Government and commercial markets.
QA Limited Interview Reviews
20 September 2018
It was a one on one interview covering some competency questions and going over your interest in the role, and CV. You are pulled aside during the group task at any time so you...
04 September 2018
It started with phone interview, where it asked basic questions about my knowledge, education and the role, after passing the phone interview I was invited to join assessment day...
15 May 2018
Normally, the assessment days are held at Worthing, outskirts of Brighton. However, NETBuilder managed to book a conference room with Manchester University, thus the assessment...
Elsewhere on graduatejobs
Related :entry information technology consultant software limited
People who applied for this job also applied for:
Ford Credit Europe
South East, London, North West, Manchester
£30,000 to £40,000 OTE
5Spencer Ogden Ltd
South East, London
Competitive starting annual salary
South West, London, West Midlands, North West, Scotland, Northern Ireland, Yorkshire, Belfast, Birmingham, Bristol, Edinburgh, Glasgow, Leeds, Manchester
£45,000 to £50,000 + sign on bonus
2Lloyds Banking Group
South West, London, Bristol