Entry-level Information Technology Consultant (Software)
- £23,500 to £26,500
- South East, South West, London, The East, East Midlands, West Midlands, Wales, North West, North East, Scotland, Yorkshire, Nationwide
- Start date:
- Job type:
- Graduate job
Are you passionate about technology? Want to get the best start to your digital career?
Get fast-tracked into a ground-breaking career as a software technology consultant working with innovative organisations like TalkTalk, Google, Santander, Amazon partners and government. You’ll build in-demand skills specialising in advanced, cutting-edge software.
Every day you’ll use specialised technology to power organisations into the future.
Supercharge your career in technology consulting. Join the QA consulting academy.
Although this role is advertised with a specific location you would need to be geographically flexible and willing to relocate anywhere in the UK.
What’s in store
• Training from seriously clever mentors
Software solutions power organisations. The software you’ll specialise in is high in demand, but low in supply. You’ll master it with training at our 12-week consulting academy in Manchester’s technology hub. You’ll also develop your business expertise so you can be a successful consultant.
• Your career in digital consulting
After your training you’ll work with one of our customers on their site – anywhere in the country.
• Push yourself and your career further
Learning with QA doesn’t stop after 12 weeks. We encourage you to continually learn and challenge yourself technically – so you can fulfil your potential.
- Free accommodation or a monthly bursary to help you relocate to Manchester’s technology hub – MediaCityUK – during your training
- Industry-recognised certifications to boost your employability and promotability (if certifications apply to your specialism)
- Competitive salary of £23,500 post-training (if you’re based in London this will increase to £26,500)
- Contributory pension scheme
- Regular social events (like technical talks and hackathons)
- Continued support to help you fulfil your potential – you’ll keep advancing your technical skills throughout your career with QA
What’s the job like
As a technology consultant at QA, you’ll empower our customers to develop and support software solutions – so they can be self-sufficient adopters of the latest technologies.
You’ll bring your technical expertise to the customer, wherever they are. You’ll help them to develop and maintain cutting-edge solutions, so they remain competitive.
- Build end-to-end software development projects that cover all aspects of the software development lifecycle (including design, build, test and deployment).
- Understand the principles of excellent software coding practices.
- Work with all parts of an application – the back-end code, the front-end website and the database.
- Work in agile teams where we deliver working software to our customers in a two-week cycle.
- Perfect your consulting skills to a high standard and professional level, ready to work with our prestigious customers.
What we need from you
- A genuine passion for technology
- Enthusiasm and willingness to learn tonnes of new skills and new technologies
- A go-getter with a can-do attitude
- Most importantly, you MUST be willing to move anywhere in the UK – part of the job is working wherever the customer is
- You must be eligible to be able to apply for a UK Security Clearance
- A Levels or equivalent of Level 3 BTEC or above qualifications.
Not a must, but we’d certainly like…
Experience of some of the following programming languages: Python, Java, C# or C++.
Any relevant qualifications including but not limited to: BTEC, Diplomas, HND, HNC, Foundation Degree Apprenticeship, Bachelor’s Degree or Master’s Degree. Ideally in a technical subject.
We will consider applications from a non-technical background if you show aptitude, passion and enthusiasm for learning technology skills.
Supercharge your digital career.
Click the link and apply now.
QA values and diversity
We’re an equal opportunity employer. We are opposed to discrimination on any grounds. It’s QA policy to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, colour, creed, religion, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law.
QA Consulting Limited
QA Consulting is a leading provider of specialist software, IT and fully managed services in finance, Government and commercial markets.
QA Consulting Limited Interview Reviews
20 September 2018
It was a one on one interview covering some competency questions and going over your interest in the role, and CV. You are pulled aside during the group task at any time so you...
04 September 2018
It started with phone interview, where it asked basic questions about my knowledge, education and the role, after passing the phone interview I was invited to join assessment day...
15 May 2018
Normally, the assessment days are held at Worthing, outskirts of Brighton. However, NETBuilder managed to book a conference room with Manchester University, thus the assessment...
Sign up for job alerts - its free