Entry-level Information Technology Consultant (DevOps/Cloud)
- £23,500 to £26,500
- South East, South West, London, The East, East Midlands, West Midlands, Wales, North West, North East, Scotland, Yorkshire, Nationwide
- Start date:
- Job type:
- Graduate job
Are you passionate about technology? Want to get the best start to your digital career?
Get fast-tracked into a ground-breaking career as a technology consultant working with innovative organisations like TalkTalk, IBM, Santander, Amazon partners and government organisations. You’ll build in-demand skills specialising in the advanced, cutting-edge art of DevOps.
DevOps is the next big thing in the development world. The ability to automatically upload code to the cloud is vital in the modern development cycle. You’ll be at the forefront of this revolutionary advancement that’s transforming what businesses can do – so you’ll be in-demand.
Every day you’ll use specialised technology to power organisations into the future – helping them automate processes to become super streamlined.
Although this role is advertised with a specific location you would need to be geographically flexible and willing to relocate anywhere in the UK.
Supercharge your career in technology consulting. Join the QA consulting academy.
What’s in store
- Training from seriously clever mentors
- DevOps is in demand – it’s been shaping the world of software for the last few years. You’ll master it with training at our 12-week consulting academy in Manchester’s technology hub. You’ll also develop your business expertise so you can be a successful consultant.
- Your career in digital consulting
- After your training you’ll work with one of our customers on their site – anywhere in the country.
- Push yourself and your career further
- Learning with QA doesn’t stop after 12 weeks. We encourage you to
continually learn and challenge yourself technically – so you can fulfil
- Free accommodation or a monthly bursary to help you relocate to Manchester’s technology hub – MediaCityUK – during your training
- Industry-recognised certifications to boost your employability and promotability
- Competitive salary of £23,500 post-training (if you’re based in London this will increase to £26,500)
- Contributory pension scheme
- Private medical insurance
- Regular social events (like technical talks and hackathons)
- Continued support to help you fulfil your potential – you’ll keep advancing your technical skills throughout your career with QA
- We also offer a fully-funded Master’s in Digital Consulting (awarded
by Northumbria University) to eligible employees (if you have
outstanding technical ability and meet the criteria to join the
What’s the job like
As a technology consultant at QA, you’ll empower our customers to develop and support DevOps – so they can be self-sufficient adopters.
You’ll bring your technical expertise to the customer, wherever they
are. You’ll help them to develop and maintain cutting-edge
DevOps solutions, so they remain competitive.
- Automate software integration and deployment, typically hosted in cloud platforms like Amazon Web Services (AWS), Microsoft Azure and Google Cloud Platform.
- Have outstanding knowledge of software development, agile practices and automation.
- Work in the space between software developers and IT operations teams, getting new software operational and usable for the end-user.
- Work in agile teams delivering working software to our customers in a two-week cycle.
- Perfect your consulting skills to a high standard and professional
level, ready to work with our prestigious customers.
What we need from you
- A genuine passion for technology
- Enthusiasm and willingness to learn tonnes of new skills and new technologies
- A go-getter with a can-do attitude
- Most importantly, you MUST be willing to move anywhere in the UK –
part of the job is working wherever the customer is
Not a must, but we’d certainly like…
- Experience of one of the following programming languages (whether that’s in a job or in education): Python, Java, C# or C++.
- Basic knowledge of Linux.
- Any relevant qualifications including but not limited to: BTEC, Diplomas, HND, HNC, Foundation Degree Apprenticeship, Bachelor’s Degree or Master’s Degree. Ideally in a technical subject.
- We will consider applications from a non-technical background if you
show aptitude, passion and enthusiasm for learning technology skills.
Supercharge your digital career.
Click the link and apply now.
QA values and diversity
We’re an equal opportunity employer. We are opposed to discrimination on any grounds. It’s QA policy to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, colour, creed, religion, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law.
QA Consulting Limited
QA Consulting is a leading provider of specialist software, IT and fully managed services in finance, Government and commercial markets.
QA Consulting Limited Interview Reviews
20 September 2018
It was a one on one interview covering some competency questions and going over your interest in the role, and CV. You are pulled aside during the group task at any time so you...
04 September 2018
It started with phone interview, where it asked basic questions about my knowledge, education and the role, after passing the phone interview I was invited to join assessment day...
15 May 2018
Normally, the assessment days are held at Worthing, outskirts of Brighton. However, NETBuilder managed to book a conference room with Manchester University, thus the assessment...
Sign up for job alerts - its free