Element Six is a global leader in the design, development and production of synthetic diamond and tungsten carbide supermaterials. Part of the De Beers Group, we employ over 1,900 people. Our primary manufacturing sites are located in the UK, Ireland, Germany, South Africa, and the US.
The Global Innovation Centre (GIC) is the hub for Research and Development within the Element Six group. In our Laboratories, a team of skilled Technicians, Engineers, and Scientists produce and evaluate new diamond super-materials for the Global market. This work includes understanding the fundamentals of materials science, designing equipment and processes.
Reporting to the Project Lead, this position will provide support to the Engineering Development team in developing new diamondbased materials including mixing, manufacturing and testing at extreme temperatures and pressures.
Focusing on providing engineering and materials development support in the process of manufacturing Industrial Diamond Products based on high pressure, high temperature processes.
The role also requires understanding of manufacturing processes, a hands on approach to experimentation and testing including the running of bespoke systems.
In this role you will be expected to be an ‘all round’ materials engineer able to do practical problem solving, design, development, and implementation of manufacturing processes.
Duties and tasks
- To facilitate the GIC research team and Operations teams in developing the tools and technologies required in the synthesis and sintering of Diamond-based products. Support the processing, fabrication and Product Applications teams.
- Work with other members of Engineering team to prepare functional designs
- Work with suppliers (both internal and external to Element Six) to ensure components are adequately specified and that specified dimensions can be achieved consistently and economically
- Ensure materials specification is adequately captured
- Prepare and maintain development records, RA’s, SOP’s, COSHH
- Assist GIC research team with developments and modifications to existing equipment and processes as part of an on-going drive to improve performance
- Testing and analysis of materials using a range of Techniques including SEM, EDS, XRF, thermal properties. Training provided internally.
- Summary data collection and report writing.
- Completed A levels or equivalent at grade A*- C, including Mathematics, English and a Science related BSc/BEng or above in Engineering, Materials or equivalent discipline
- Experience either working in a laboratory or manufacturing environment with demonstrated development skills
- Familiarity with the demands of machining challenging engineering materials including ceramics and refractory metals
- Experience working with analytical equipment desired such as SEM and XRF
- Experience working with suppliers to procure components
- Familiarity with mechanical measurement and inspection techniques
Element Six Limited
We harness the unique properties of synthetic diamond and tungsten carbide to deliver supermaterials that improve the efficiency, performance and reliability of industrial tools and technology.
Elsewhere on graduatejobs
Related :engineering technologist element six limited
People who applied for this job also applied for:
Consulting Graduate Scheme - Summer 2021
£32,000 year one salary, rising to £40,000 in your second year
Trainee Recruitment Consultant - Trident International
30,000 to 40,000 OTE
Recruitment Grad Scheme (London - September Start!)
23,000 to 35,000
7Gravitas Recruitment Group
Graduate IT Analyst
Competitive + benefits
NEW Deployment Specialist - TPP
Graduate Analyst - TPP