|Location:||South West, London, North West, Nationwide, Bath, Bournemouth, Manchester|
|Sectors:||Consultancy, Engineering, Management,|
WHY CHOSE A CAREER WITH RATP Dev UK?
You're smart, savvy and born to be a leader. You're not afraid to roll up your sleeves and get things done. And now you are ready for your career, you're looking for a company to develop yourself. RATP Dev is a place that will offer you great exposure across the operations that are behind the scenes of what enables the buses, coaches and trams to go out each morning and serve the public, an essential part of everyday life!
Transport and Logistics is a unique and varied industry. You will never have one day the same as another. You will be offered interesting rotational placements, tailored training and development, senior mentoring relationships and a competitive compensation package. A place that's so supportive even the CEO takes an interest in your professional development.
RATP Dev UK is part of a larger group - from Manchester to Mumbai, Paris to Pennsylvania, or London to New York, RATP Dev is proud to have over 70 subsidiaries worldwide offering passengers innovative, high-quality services running bus, tram, coach, Metro and rail services. The Group has ambitious plans for expansion which offers bright and fresh thinking employees global career opportunities and professional development!
RATP Dev UK Subsidiaries
- London United Busways Ltd
- London Sovereign Ltd
- Bournemouth Transport Ltd (Yellow Buses)
- Bath Bus Company Ltd
- Metrolink RATP Dev Ltd (Manchester)
- H R Richamond Ltd (Epsom Coaches)
- Selwyns Travel Ltd (Runcorn, Manchester, St Helens)
- The Original Sightseeing Tour Ltd
OUR ENGINEERING MANAGEMENT PROGRAMME
Our Engineering Management programme runs over 2 years and is designed to give you as much exposure as possible to our business. RATP Dev UK is a large and multifaceted organisation and you will experience working in various departments in both regulated and deregulated businesses.
The programme starts in September 2017 and there will be different and challenging work placements with interesting job content and practical experience in areas including:
- Vehicle Mechanics
- People management
- Project management
- Operations including service delivery and network review and development
- Commercial operations including sales, marketing and business development
- Budgeting and forecasting
Mentoring from senior managers to support your professional and personal development as well as HR and L&D managers, including (but not limited to):
- Project management
- Trade union negotiation
- Contract management
- Time management
- Presentation skills
At the end of the programme, the Company will consider appointing the engineering management graduate to a first line management position.
WHAT DO WE LOOK FOR IN RETURN?
- Ambitious and talented individuals with a degree in Engineering -Mechanics, Electronics, Automotive or related.
- UK equivalent of 2.1 or higher
- A full UK driving license
- Flexibility in working shifts and rotating between placements, departments and companies
Competencies and behaviours will include:
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to communicate at all levels
- Leadership potential
- Logical thinker and solutions focused
- Commercially aware
- Proactive with a can do attitude
- Flexible and adaptable
Throughout your application process you will need to demonstrate the following:
- Interested in a career in the Transport Industry and Engineering
- Ability to deliver high quality business results
- Keen to engage and proactively take on early responsibility
- Ability to show empathy towards people and work well at all levels
- Resilient, 'can do', pragmatic, flexible and mobile
- Self-motivated and takes ownership to progress your own career
THE NEXT STEPS
There are four phases to the application process. Every phase has been particularly designed to give you an opportunity to impress us but also to give you the opportunity to make sure that RATP Dev UK really is the organisation for you. You will have a dedicated consultant directing you throughout each stage of the process.
To apply for this job, please click on the "Apply Now" button.
Competitive South East, Hatfield, Brookmans Park
£24,000 plus benefits plus Bonus plus share scheme Nationwide
£23,000 + 10% Bonus + Company Vehicle plus benefits South East, The East Various
£23,000 + 10% Bonus plus benefits plus Bonus South East Various
Competitive plus benefits Czech Republic Various
£23,500 plus benefits plus OTE plus expenses Nationwide ASAP
Competitive plus benefits London, Glasgow, Scotland, Leeds, Yorkshire, Nationwide ASAP
Competitive plus benefits London 3-Jul-2017
£32,500 +£5,000 welcome bonus plus benefits plus Bonus Nationwide
£22,000 to £24,500 location weighting plus benefits plus Bonus Nationwide Ongoing
Competitive plus benefits London
Competitive plus benefits London, Glasgow, Scotland, Leeds, Yorkshire, Nationwide Various
21k Basic 40k OTE negotiable plus benefits plus OTE salary review London ASAP
£20K to £22K starting OTE 1st year £30k plus stock options plus benefits plus OTE plus Bonus Liverpool, North West, Carlisle, Chester, Manchester, Warrington ASAP
£21k to £23k (OTE 1st Year £35k+) negotiable depending on experience plus benefits plus OTE plus Bonus plus expenses salary review London ASAP
£20,000 + Bonus (1st Year OTE £30k) plus benefits plus OTE plus Bonus plus expenses salary review London 1-Jun-2017
£20,000 plus benefits plus Bonus London ASAP
£24,000 to £26,000 plus benefits South West, Swindon 7-Sep-2017