Electrical Engineer Undergraduate Placement
Undergraduate Placement – Electrical Engineer (Engineering, Sites & Assets)
Do you want to be part of something extraordinary? Something that not only gives you the opportunity to develop and grow your career, but offers excitement, challenge and intrigue at the same time making a difference to keeping our country, and everyone in it, safe?
That’s what the proud people of AWE have been doing for more than 70 years.
Our role in nuclear defence and what we do to support the UK’s nuclear deterrent, is vital in defending our country from the most extreme threats and to keeping the peace. From developing the warheads for the nuclear deterrent, to providing counter-terrorism and nuclear threat reduction solutions, the work we do is of global importance.
Working together with a team of remarkable people who achieve extraordinary things everyday, you too could be a part of something that makes a difference. How?
The answer is AWE.
What to expect on the programme
As an Electrical or Electronic Engineer on our Undergraduate Placement Programme you will be supporting essential project deliverables within a multidisciplinary team of engineers. Placements will expose candidates to several projects at various stages of the product lifecycle with opportunities to be involved in the design, construction, commissioning, operation and disposal of infrastructure, plant, research and manufacturing assets. Our electrical and electronics engineers deliver a wide range of activities that help support the core manufacturing programme ranging from scientific research and testing projects to maintaining vital building services, production processes, plant and assets.
Working within AWE you will also have exposure to novel technologies and the broader company business, whilst gaining an understanding of how to work within a highly regulated security and safety environment.
What behaviors you’ll have
You will possess the following traits and qualities:
- Growth Mindset; You’re full of grit and determination. Clear where you are going and how you will get there.
- Curious; you’re a person who loves to think outside the box. (You’re a person who loves to take the box apart!).
- Innovative; you’re open to learning about new technologies and ground-breaking ideas.
- Resilience; you’re an advocate of ‘speaking up’ for yourself and others openly and constructively.
- Team Worker; you’re dependable and reliable. You’re interested in collaborating with and supporting others.
You will be based at Aldermaston, nr. Reading.
What you’ll get
- We offer all undergraduate students a salary of £18,000
- A market leading contributory pension scheme
- Generous holiday entitlement
- Excellent work/life balance
- 9-day working fortnight. This means you get every other Friday off work.
Alongside these benefits you will get the opportunity to learn from some of the top leaders in their field.
Candidates must be willing and able to obtain and maintain the necessary security clearance for the role and be willing and able to work in designated areas – if applicable.
AWE is an equal opportunities employer. We value diversity and welcome applications from candidates from all backgrounds.
You must be able to Join AWE in August 2022. We recruit on a rolling basis which means as soon as our positions have been filled, we will close.
For more than 60 years AWE has supported national security by delivering warheads for the UK’s strategic nuclear deterrent.