Economic Adviser - Scottish Government
- £46,889 to £57.503
- Scotland, Edinburgh, Glasgow
- Apply by:
- 22nd August 2018
- Start date:
- Job type:
- Graduate job
We are currently seeking applications for Economic Advisers within the Economist Group based in Edinburgh and Glasgow. This is a permanent and pensionable appointment and new entrants will normally start on the minimum of the pay range. Candidates with a disability who meet the essential criteria below will be invited to the assessments.
The Economist Group in the Scottish Government provides economic advice and support to Scottish Ministers and policy colleagues throughout the Scottish Government. We have over 80 economists working alongside other analysts, policy officials and external stakeholders to support the diverse range of devolved responsibilities within the SG such as economic policy, taxation, health, education, justice, rural affairs, housing, energy and climate change.
You must have at least a 2:1 economics degree or a Master’s degree in Economics.
Other qualifications equivalent to these may also be acceptable, if you are in any doubt please contact to discuss.
Please note: If you fail to demonstrate how you meet the minimum qualifications as stated above, your application will be automatically sifted out.
1. You will have substantial experience as a professional economist and
have a strong understanding of economic concepts and analytical
2. You will have experience of working with other professions to develop a shared evidence base to inform and influence decisions and experience of advising officials and senior leaders.
3. Experience of gathering, analysing and presenting economic data, using tools such as excel.
4. Excellent interpersonal and communication (written and verbal) skills and an ability to adapt your style to meet the needs of your audience.
For further details and to apply online, visit our website at http://bit.ly/sgvacancies. To apply, you must fully complete and submit an online application via our website before the closing date. To learn more about this opportunity, please contact Susanne Milne who can be reached at Susanne.firstname.lastname@example.org or 0131 244 2788
If you experience any difficulties accessing our website or completing the online application form, please contact the resourcing team who can be reached at email@example.com or 0131 244 5597.
Click the apply button below to apply for this role!
Sign up for job alerts - its free