Developer - Commercial Services Group
- £35,000 + benefits
- South East, West Malling
- Apply by:
- 30th September 2019
- Start date:
- Job type:
- Graduate job
Are you a high thinking problem solver, seeking solutions to complex business requirements?
Do you have an honours degree in computer sciences or other related subjects?
If so we have an opportunity for you to join us in our fast paced energy company working with a range of people and systems.
You will be integral to the design and development of various projects primarily within our energy company but you will also be able to work across the company providing your ideas and thoughts on new initiatives as well as being a key part of the software development lifecycle. This role will work closely with the Development Manager and the Senior Management Team where you will quickly learn about the energy sector.
We are a diverse company that will support you in continuing your own development and learning journey via our learning platforms.
Purpose of the Job:
• To fully understand our fast moving Energy Business and use this knowledge to develop, design and implement new or modified software products according to published standards and guidelines, including code standards and user interface design guidelines.
• To propose and assess solutions to design / business problems or opportunities
• To investigate existing software functionality to answer support queries within established service level agreements.
• To interpret written business requirements and technical specifications to complete estimates for change requests.
• To analyse / document customer requirements; write technical / functional specifications.
• Continually update skills by learning new technologies relevant to the role utilising PluralSights
• Promote and advocate best practices within the development team and throughout the business
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Development and maintenance of the C#.NET applications
2. Development and maintenance of the MVC web applications
3. Development and maintenance of the PowerBuilder application
4. Ensure all developments fit within the overall system architecture and design strategy, and make sure code is of a consistent and appropriate standard.
5. Manage and maintain the company codebase using industry best practice to provide full audit and control capabilities.
6. Work with all stakeholders to best prioritise system developments and deliver to agreed release schedules.
7. Manage the installation and/or upgrades of in house application from time to time.
Click below to apply today!
Sign up for job alerts - its free