DE&S Integrated Logistics (iLog) Graduate Scheme
When you come to DE&S, you’re joining a team that helps protect people all over the UK – and overseas too. We do that by providing cutting-edge tech, vehicles, and equipment to the Armed Forces. Whether it’s the latest protective clothing for soldiers, or the smartest radar for new RAF jets, our projects keep UK military colleagues safe, so that they can protect life at home.
To do that, we need a real wealth of people from every background and skillset – all working together every day to do our best work. It takes integrated logistics specialists, commercial officers, accountants, engineers, Project Delivery specialists, HR specialists and IT experts.
DE&S are looking for talented, motivated and skilled graduates to join our Integrated Logistics (iLog) Function on the iLog Graduate Scheme (also known as the iLog Operations Management Graduate Scheme). Operations Managers work collaboratively with a wide range of stakeholders to effectively manage a capability, equipment, or service. They meet requirements from the customer using a range of analytical skills, problem solving, organisational skills as well as project management skills and techniques.
Over two years you’ll typically undertake three placements that will give you the opportunity to build skills and experience while playing an active role in supporting our equipment through its life. Placements cover several areas within DE&S, and possibly within the SDA, to give you a broad experience of the organisation.
You’ll also receive specialist training and work towards the Association for Project Management Project Management Qualification (also known as the APM PMQ)
Once you’ve successfully completed the scheme, you’ll move into a permanent role within the DE&S iLog Function as an Operations Manager.
Due to the classification of work in some areas, applicants who hold a dual nationality may be restricted in where they can be placed.
Typical roles and responsibilities may include:
- Providing support to iLog staff across the business, assisting with project and in-service support activities.
- Maintaining and updating key documents, reports and databases on active projects or portfolios including Service Delivery Plans, Business Cases, Inventory Supply Plans and financial forecasting.
- Contribute to resource management, inventory forecasting, monitoring of actual spend and updating forecasts accordingly to ensure the integrated support meets customer requirements within budget, seeking guidance when required.
- Working collaboratively with key stakeholders to define, implement and manage in-service support contracts including monitoring supplier performance.
- Establishing and maintaining a network of internal and external stakeholders to share knowledge and experience to support continuous improvement.
What you will be assessed against
Your CV must demonstrate the following essential criteria:
- You must have five full GCSEs A-C or grades 9-4 (or equivalent) including English Language and Maths;
- You must have a degree or will achieve a degree (minimum third class in any subject) by August 2022.
It is also beneficial to your application if you can demonstrate the following desirable criteria:
- Relevant experience demonstrating project or business skills achieved through internships, placements or employment.
You must have five full GCSEs A-C or grades 9-4 (or equivalent) including English Language and Maths;
You must have a degree or will achieve a degree (minimum third class in any subject) by August 2022.
We'll assess you against these behaviours during the selection process:
- Communicating and Influencing
- Working Together
We'll assess you against these technical skills during the selection process:
- Managing Support, Supplier & Customer Networks.
Alongside training and development, you’ll receive the following great benefits:
- Flexible working arrangements so that your work fits in with your lifestyle.
- 25 days holiday a year, increasing one day a year to 30 days after five years.
- A competitive remuneration package and access to two Civil Service Pension options.
- Use of our on-site gym, restaurants and cafes.
- A huge variety of high street discounts and savings.
Defence Equipment & Support
DE&S protects and provides for the UK’s armed forces, all over the world. We ensure that every individual is fully equipped and protected, as they protect life both at home and overseas.
Elsewhere on graduatejobs
Related :logistics ilog graduate scheme defence support
People who applied for this job also applied for:
2022 Consulting Graduate Programmes - KPMG
South East, South West, London, The East, East Midlands, Wales, North West, North East, Scotland, Northern Ireland, Nationwide, Republic of Ireland
Project Management Graduate Programme – Aug 2022
£24500 after training
South East, South West, London, The East, East Midlands, West Midlands, Wales, North West, North East, Scotland, Yorkshire, Nationwide
Graduate Banking Services - London
Business Development Graduate - Heathrow
Communications & Marketing - TPP
Graduate Machine Learning Engineer – paid to train
£32,000 year one salary, rising to £40,000 in your second year
South East, South West, London, The East, East Midlands, West Midlands, Wales, North West, North East, Scotland, Yorkshire, Nationwide, Republic of Ireland