Department Manager - London
- £25,750 plus share scheme
- London, Central London
- Apply by:
- 2nd February 2019
- Start date:
- Job type:
- Graduate job
Do you want to build your business around the sport that you love?
Do you want to lead your own team?
Do you want to shape your own career path?
Who we’re looking for:
• People who are open minded with with a innate sense of service to help others.
• Self starters who have a passion for sport.
• Team players who thrive in fast paced and changing environments.
• Natural leaders who invest in the development of others.
Roles and Responsibilities:
As a Department Manager you will be taking ownership of your business from day one. Your sole purpose will be to make your sport accessible to the users in your community and through this you will help to gain market share for your brands. Together with your team, your will make crucial commercial decisions to boost the offer that you sell to your customers. You will manage your profit and loss account and you will forecast the level of investment during your commercial peaks. You will invest your time into the development of your team members and in doing so will ensure your own development within HR and Operations.
Here is a brief overview of your responsibilities:
• Team Player –The business and the customer always comes first, together with your colleagues you will ensure that your in store business is commercial and efficient day to day.
• Digital – As the online business sector grows, so will you and your team. You will work with your teammates to build your brand through social media and our other online channels. You will manage the profit and loss account for your department both online and in store.
• Partnerships - Once your business is thriving in store and online, now is your chance to reach out into your community and work with your local sport clubs/schools/businesses to develop partnerships. Here is where you will apply your networking skills in order to strengthen your brand and to make sport accessible within your community. You will guide your team members within this field and give them the freedom to network within your catchment.
• Customer Service – Your customers will always be your number one priority, you will have the means to listen to their feedback in order to make improvements to your business. At Decathlon we believe that our customers are either Satisfied or Satisfied.
• Brand - You will work closely with your brand to create the best commercial offer for your customer. You’ll choose all of your ranages within your sport and adapt your business to the current market. You will organise events in your local area to increase brand awareness and customer participation in sport.
• Project - You will build your long term project surrounding the commercial policy of your sport. You will collaborate with your teammates and community to achieve your outcomes.
• Duty Management - You will take on even more responsibility within the store buy getting fully trained on our duty management procedures. It is here where you will have the run of the store; you will ensure customer and staff safety, store commerciality and customer satisfaction day to day.
You will receive training in all facets of your job role. At Decathlon every team member is responsible for their own development. This is where your self-starter approach will come into play. Your training will last approximately 6 months, once you’re autonomous in the fundamentals you will have the freedom to choose your own path in the company. Your path is 100% your own and will be heavily based on what you enjoy and what you excel at.
If you’re ready to start your Decathlon Journey, Apply now!
Sign up for job alerts - its free