Department Manager: Decathlon Warrington
- Apply by:
- Start date:
- Job type:
- Graduate job
Do you want to build your business around sport?
Do you want to lead your own team?
Do you want to shape your own career path?
Who we’re looking for:
• Natural, organised leaders who invest in the development of others.
• People who are open minded with an innate sense of service to help others.
• Self starters who have a passion for sport.
• Team players who thrive in fast paced and changing environments.
Roles and Responsibilities:
As a Department Manager, you will be taking ownership of your business from day one. Your sole purpose will be to make your sport accessible to the users in your community and through this you will help to gain market share. Together with your team, you will make crucial commercial decisions to boost the offer that you sell to your customers. You will manage your profit and loss account and you will forecast the level of investment during your commercial peaks. You will invest your time into the development of your team members and in doing so will ensure your own development.
Here is a brief overview of your responsibilities:
• Team Player –The business and the customer always comes first, so together with your colleagues you will ensure that your in-store business is commercial and efficient day to day.
• Human – You could have the chance to recruit, & induct your own team. Then, through working one to one, you'll decide targets & deadlines together to guarantee their happiness as well as the profitability of the business.
• Duty Management- You will take on even more responsibility within the store by getting fully trained on our duty management procedures. It is here where you will run the store; you will ensure customer and staff safety, store commerce, and customer satisfaction day to day.
• Customer Service – Your customers will always be your number one priority, you will have the means to listen to their feedback in order to make improvements to your business. At Decathlon we believe that our customers are either Satisfied or Satisfied.
• Brand - You will work with your brand to create the best commercial offer for your customer. You’ll choose all of your ranges within your sport and adapt your business to the current market. You will organise events in your local area to increase brand awareness and customer participation in sport.
• Partnerships– Once your business is thriving in store and online, now is your chance to reach out into your community and work with your local sport clubs/schools/businesses to develop partnerships. Here is where you will apply your networking skills in order to strengthen your brand and to make sport accessible within your community. You will guide your team members within this field and give them the freedom to network within your catchment.
You will receive training in all facets of your job role. At Decathlon, every team member is responsible for their own development. This is where your self-starter approach will come into play. Once you’re autonomous in the fundamentals you will have the freedom to choose the trainings which will help you shape your own path in the company. Your path is 100% your own and will be heavily based on what you enjoy and what you excel at.
For more information about our roles in Decathlon, please visit our careers website.
If you’re ready to start your Decathlon Journey, Apply now!
Sign up for job alerts - its free