DEFRA (Bristol) - Senior Policy Advisors (EU Exit) - SEO
- £35,188 to £40,310 (National) or £37,987 to £43,520 (London)
- South West, Bristol
- Apply by:
- 31st August 2019
- Start date:
- Job type:
- Graduate job
• Senior Policy Advisors (EU Exit) - Department for Environment, Food & Rural Affairs (Defra)
• £35,188 - £40,310 (National) or £37,987 - £43,520 (London)
• Senior Executive Officer
• London, Bristol or York – other locations may also be considered, though candidates may be required to travel to London frequently.
• Two year fixed-term contract with the potential for extension or permanency
Bring your passion to the UK’s biggest challenges
We’ve only got one earth – and at Defra, we’re determined to make sure this planet is capable of supporting future generations. From tackling landfill and food waste to making sure plastic does not end up in our oceans, we are committed to bringing about change that will ultimately result in a better world. Supporting the UK’s exit from the European Union, you will be at the heart of these challenges as you help us address environmental hazards, use natural resources in a more sustainable way and so much more.
As a policy professional, you will use research and analysis to make recommendations for change. Having a say in the biggest issues the UK has ever faced, you will take on once-in-a-lifetime projects to find the best ways to protect the natural world, the rural economies and the British population.
Whether you are investigating ways to save the bees, driving recycling initiatives or championing cleaner air, you will:
-Contribute to the drafting of policies that will support our exit from the EU in one of the following teams: Agri-Food Chain; Animal and Plant Health and Welfare; Biosecurity and Food Projects; Environmental Regulations; EU and International Trade; EU Exit Domestic and Constitutional Affairs; EU Exit Overview; Future Farming and Countryside, or Marine and Fisheries.
- Seek out innovative solutions to complex problems. Taking pride in delivering what you have promised, you will join a team of experts who are committed to shaping fresh approaches.
- Work collaboratively with stakeholders stretching from Ministers to industry bodies and non-governmental organisations, gaining their trust and ensuring the team are working well together. You may also have the opportunity to lead a small team of junior colleagues.
-Think ahead in a fast-paced environment. If you can identify a potential problem in your area, you can mitigate any risks before they happen.
While you will either develop deep expertise in a small portfolio area
or an over-arching understanding of a wider range of topics, you do no
need to come to us with pre-developed specialist knowledge. Obviously
you will be focused on driving transformation for the benefit of the
environment and the world, and this enthusiasm will be supported by
excellent analytical, drafting, stakeholder-managing and communication
skills. Our policy team come from a wide variety of backgrounds – so you
might not have specific policy experience, but you will have a passion
for our shared goal of making the world a better place. You’ll naturally
seek out ways to do things differently, adapting to new options,
prioritising work effectively and bouncing back when things have not
gone to plan.
The benefits of working for Defra speak for themselves. Generous annual
leave, life assurance, a contributory pension scheme, paid volunteering
days, employee discounts and a number of salary sacrifice options are
all available to our people. We will also take care of your future, with
plenty of training and development opportunities, and your emotional
wellbeing will be supported with flexible work options. With access to
sports and social associations and occupational health services all
against the backdrop of a truly inclusive workplace where diversity is
celebrated – we will encourage you to be yourself. So if you have got
the passion to shape policies that will deliver generation-enhancing
results, we have got a place for you on our team.
Click below to apply today!
Sign up for job alerts - its free