Deal Advisory - Mergers & Acquisitions Graduate - (Manchester, Mazars)
- Competitive + benefits
- North West, Manchester
- 30th September 2020
- Start date:
- Job type:
- Graduate job
OVERVIEW OF THE SERVICE LINE & TEAM
The Financial Advisory Services (FAS) team is a rapidly growing, award winning and global group. You will be joining a team at the forefront of large international infrastructure projects, global M&A transactions, high-profile forensic investigations, business valuations, corporate restructuring and national creditor advisory services; all with the ultimate aim of adding value to clients by finding solutions to a wide range of financial issues. Our FAS specialists support clients raising finance for large infrastructure projects, advise on corporate acquisitions (both in the UK and cross border), restructure businesses to secure livelihoods and act as experts on high profile international investigations and disputes.
A Mergers & Acquisition (M&A) advisor guides clients through a wide range of critical business transactions and contributes to the transactions and business development that the team will be involved in.
At Mazars, our advisory team focusses on originating transactions, structuring, negotiating and managing deals for a diverse variety of clients. We operate across all industry sectors and our clients range from private individuals and owner-managed businesses, to large multinationals.
Our role as an M&A team is to help clients with buying and selling businesses or raising debt / equity finance. We advise our clients on all stages of an M&A process by simplifying what can often be a complicated process. As an M&A trainee, you’ll be involved in day to day of the transactions, from pitches and proposals all the way through to deal completion. You will also be involved in business development and marketing activities of the department. Your time will be mostly spent at the offices (although meetings at client sites are often required) and studying for your professional exams.
During your first year you will:
• Produce high quality research / presentation packs for meetings with existing and prospective clients including market and deal research, valuation multiples and potential buyers / acquisition targets.
• Help support the team in the execution of transactions; including being able to obtain relevant information and assisting in drafting sales marketing documents / pitch documents.
• Assist on building financial models and undertaking financial analysis.
• Take ownership of key administration tasks across all aspects of a deal and business development / marketing activities.
During your second year you will:
• Attend meetings with clients and contribute on specific aspects of deals, such as buyers list and marketing document sections.
• Support the project management of transactions by ensuring timetable is followed by all parties involved (including other financial/legal advisors).
• Perform detailed analysis of client’s business to fully understand its drivers, risks and opportunities.
• Analyse financial performance of companies and perform draft valuation calculations.
• Be a point of contact for clients and parties throughout transactions.
• Prepare documents and research for business development meetings with key intermediaries.
• Be able to provide assistance to less experience team members.
In your final year you will be expected to be able to take responsibility for the whole project, reviewing work from both clients and other team members and ensuring each project is completed within the stated deadlines. Throughout your M&A training, you are also expected to support the team in marketing activity as well as building own market profile, including attending business development events.
We are a small team fast growing team, who like to support one another. This will allow you to have early exposure to deals, clients and business development and to have quick progression in your M&A career.
• Interpersonal skills; the ability to build client relationships with a foundation of trust and responsibility.
• Analytical skills; the ability to think critically, research and solve problems.
• Attention to detail and strong time-management skills.
• Commitment to self-development & learning.
• Affinity with our values; in particular, respect for individuals, diversity and integrity.
• Show vision, strategic perspective and focus on the achievement of longer term goals.
• Maintain control and stability under pressure whilst recognising the deadline or urgency to be dealt with.
• Make confident and clear presentations to senior stakeholders across our clients.
Strong academic performance is important so we know that you’re ready to take your professional exams. However, we understand things don’t always go to plan – so if you don’t meet our minimum requirements, please let us know if you have any exceptional achievements or extenuating circumstances which affected your results. We also consider your achievements in the context of your socio-economic background, so encourage you to submit your contextual information.
- 2.1 or above in any degree discipline
• Minimum of 112 UCAS points. This is based on the new 2017 UCAS Tariff. You can calculate your UCAS points here.
• Grade B or above in GCSE English Language and Maths.
We will fund for you to study towards the ACA qualification.
You will receive a full study package to ensure that you successfully complete your professional qualification. This includes time off to study, attend college and complete online courses. Your professional qualification is only part of the story at Mazars; we support all of our trainees with a blended approach to training and development including classroom study, 1:1 coaching, and soft skills training.
You will be supported by a mentor and an appraising manager to keep your career and aspirations on track.
If you are interested in a career in professional services, we can offer you an exciting head start by joining one of our trainee schemes for school or college leavers.
Mazars Interview Reviews
21 February 2018
My interview was a one on one interview with a member of their graduate recruitment team, the interview took place at their London office. The interview starts with an exercise...
19 June 2017
After completing verbal and numerical tests online, I was invited to the 1st round interview. It was with a member of graduate recruitment and it lasted around an hour where it...
06 July 2015
Firstly there is an online application form to pass. Then there are two stages to the Public Sector Internal Audit (PSIA) recruitment process which is different to the other...
Sign up for job alerts - its free