Data Engineer - Digital Futures - Nationwide
Locations: Industry placements will be in London, Leeds, Edinburgh, and Stevenage– you must be available to commute or relocate to one of these locations to apply
Start Date: 8th January 2024. Please only apply if you are available full-time from this date
You must have the right to work in the UK for your application to be successful.
Why join Digital Futures?
We are a purpose-led technology training and services company. Our mission is to create opportunity for people like you by giving people from all backgrounds the necessary skills and confidence to start a career in technology.
By focusing on potential, rather than background or experience, we unlock exceptional talent and help people to thrive in their first role in tech. We focus not only on your first role with us, but also on setting you up for success throughout your career.
If you have the right mindset and drive, we will help you reach your career goals, preparing you to become a leader of tomorrow.
Your journey with us:
1. Training – your journey with Digital Futures starts with 12 weeks of free immersive training, during which our team of expert instructors will help you learn essential technical and professional skills to prepare you for your career in Data Engineering. Our training is delivered online, with one-to-one mentoring and group project work.
2. Certification – you will achieve the Google GCP Cloud Engineer Associate, as well as the AWS Data Engineer Associate certification.
3. Employment - We will offer you a full-time employment contract with Digital Futures. You will be placed in a technology team with one of our clients, with a starting salary of £27,500 + benefits
Our data engineering pathway covers key concepts and technical skills you will need to be successful in your first data engineering role. Available modules include:
- Coding fundamentals (Python, SQL)
- Data Modelling and Data Warehousing
- Extract-Transform-Load (ETL)
- Creating Data Pipelines
- Ethics in data and AI
- Cloud and Big data technologies (PySpark, AWS)
- Working with Unstructured Data
Training is underpinned by a professional skills curriculum designed to ensure that all our engineers are workplace ready once they have completed their technical training. Key professional skills modules include:
- Effective Communication
- Competency Interview training
- Goal Setting
- Time Management
- Business Awareness
- Being a Digital Futures Employee
About the role:
Our data roles are varied and give you the hands-on opportunities to gain the experience you need to succeed in Data Engineering. You will be:
- Working with data engineers to design and implement data pipelines.
- Building and maintaining ETL processes to ingest, transform, and store data from various sources.
- Collaborating with data scientists and analysts to ensure that data is properly formatted and accessible.
- Troubleshooting and resolving data pipeline and infrastructure issues.
- Helping to design and maintain data warehouses, data lakes, and other data storage solutions.
- Ensuring that data is properly secured and follows industry best practices.
- Staying up-to-date with new data engineering technologies and techniques.
What are we looking for?
You don’t need any previous formal education or experience in tech or data to join our Academy, if you can demonstrate the following characteristics:
- An understanding of the basics of Python
- Genuine interest in tech and how it can help the world
- Growth mindset with a commitment to lifelong learning
- Self-starting and motivated by personal development
- Intellectually curious with strong problem-solving skills
- Team player and collaborative in nature
- Delivery mindset with the ability to get things done
- Truly motivated by the first step in a career in tech
Join us and start your Digital Future today.