Data Analyst Graduate (Financial Services) - November 2020 London
Are you an analytical, data-driven graduate? Are you interested in a role that offers an opportunity to shape the future of audit through data-driven solutions? This unique opportunity offers technical challenge, a creative open problem-solving environment, and quick responsibility and progression.
The purpose of the position is to fundamentally unlock insights contained in data and create solutions to challenges related to the delivery of external audit.
What you’ll do:
• Work on Mazars’ most strategic audit clients, including many high profile international listed companies – delivering full cycle external audits as part of the audit team. You will work in many different industry sectors including banking and insurance, retail and the automotive sector to name a few. Exposure to multiple sectors will provide you with a broad view and understanding of the economy.
• Innovation ambassador, promoting new ideas to our audit teams and working as part of a network of innovation champions. As part of this community you will be designing, developing and trialling new processes and technology.
• Complement your STEM degree with business application and knowledge, discovering how companies work, including processes, controls, accounting and reporting systems.
• Experience secondment opportunities to other departments within Mazars, where data science is critical; business areas may include quantitative services, actuarial, consulting and forensics – in the UK and overseas.
• Anticipate client needs and formulate solutions to client issues.
• Shape the future of audit through data-driven solutions.
WHAT YOU'LL NEED
• STEM degree, 2:1 or above. Your academic background will be in business analytics, data-science, statistics or equivalent programme focused on data and analytics. We will also consider any degree discipline if it involved a data analytics module.
• Data analytics skills from a related degree or experience (work experience is not essential)
• Keen interest in technology
• Strong work ethic; the desire to innovate, get things done, and to learn and progress.
• Interpersonal skills; the ability to influence, build client relationships with a foundation of trust and responsibility.
• Analytical skills; the ability to accurately and diligently assimilate information, grasp concepts quickly, research and solve problems.
• Independent; the ability to think critically, challenge when appropriate, and to apply professional scepticism.
• Attention to detail and strong time-management skills.
• Credible and effective communication skills (written and verbal)
• Affinity with our values; in particular, respect for individuals, diversity and integrity.
• Background in any programming language such as Java, Python, R
• Linux knowledge
• Knowledge of one: MS SQL, MySQL, NoSQL, Postgre SQL
• Knowledge of any visualisation technologies such as Power-BI, QlikView, Tableau
Your professional development plan focuses using your strengths to do your best work every day. You will be supported by a mentor and a people manager to keep your career and aspirations on track. We offer opportunities to help develop your skills in addition to hands-on experience – development plans are unique to each individual. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development training you will have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout your career.
You will receive technical training within our External Audit and Consulting Data team and on-the-job experience in related teams i.e. quantitative services, actuarial, consulting and forensics.
We will give you the option to study towards the ACA qualification.
You will receive a full study package to ensure that you successfully
complete your professional qualification. This includes time off to
study, attend college and complete online courses. Your professional
qualification is only part of the story at Mazars; we support all our
trainees with a blended approach to training and development including
classroom study, 1:1 coaching, and soft skills training.
OVERVIEW OF THE SERVICE LINE & TEAM
In Audit, you will join a growing team of over 800 relationship driven, curious, problem solvers who add value to their clients daily. Our Audit Teams provide audit assurance services which are vital to our clients’ business control and credibility. Our expertise ranges from servicing private, entrepreneurial companies through to UK listed companies, financial services and some of the largest FT Global organisations in the world. By joining a unique integrated structure, you will benefit from working in collaborative teams and be given responsibility for delivering robust and independent audit services in a supportive environment.
If you are interested in a career in professional services, we can offer you an exciting head start by joining one of our trainee schemes for school or college leavers.
Mazars Interview Reviews
21 February 2018
My interview was a one on one interview with a member of their graduate recruitment team, the interview took place at their London office. The interview starts with an exercise...
19 June 2017
After completing verbal and numerical tests online, I was invited to the 1st round interview. It was with a member of graduate recruitment and it lasted around an hour where it...
06 July 2015
Firstly there is an online application form to pass. Then there are two stages to the Public Sector Internal Audit (PSIA) recruitment process which is different to the other...
Elsewhere on graduatejobs
Related :computing & it jobs london analyst graduate financial november london scheme mazars
People who applied for this job also applied for:
South East, South West, London, West Midlands, North West, Scotland, Birmingham, Bristol, Glasgow, Manchester, Milton Keynes
10The Local Government Finance Graduate Programme
£30,000 to £40,000 OTE
7Spencer Ogden Ltd
South East, London