Data Analyst Apprentice
Have you ever wondered what happens when you tap your card on the card reader when buying something?
It's like there is a tiny person in there sending the request to the correct bank, deciding if you have enough funds, arranging authorisation etc.
Well of course we all know there isn't, no one is that small or fast!
That's our role at TSYS, we offer simple, fast and secure payment technology to merchants, issuers and consumers.
It's a fast paced, complex industry, a great place to begin your career!
Do you love numbers, patterns and sequences? Do you have an inquiring mind? You love to know how things work? Or why things work a certain way? Are you passionate about data?
If so then our Data Analyst Apprenticeship could be a great way to develop a career in something you really enjoy.
What does a Data Analyst do?
A Data Analyst is an expert who conducts analysis to establish user needs and appropriate business intelligence (BI) provision.
- Design, develop and maintain data warehouse architecture for BI provision
- Design BI products and are responsible for the end to end production and delivery of BI products to internal users: business layer, data services, reports and dashboards
- Provide business-wide governance and liaison with BI users
In addition to your apprenticeship training with our provider you will receive mentoring, coaching and guidance from our internal team at Tsys, to understand the challenges they face day to day and in the future:
- Identifying how data can be used to build pictures to tell them what’s happening both now and in the future.
- Identifying the sources of that information, you’ll help to build data stores so that multiple sources of information can be combined. You’ll use all of this information to build dashboards, identify trends, and perform detailed analysis to draw conclusions on what the data is telling us.
- Automate the collection of data and generation of the dashboards to make sure our internal teams have access to the information they need when they need it.
What part will you play?
This is a hands on role, you will be an integral part of the team and will contribute from day 1:
- Identifying data sources to meet builds knowledge of data warehouse architecture and/or Business Intelligence (BI) products through: observation of more experienced Developers, assisting as directed; review of departmental documentation; and familiarisation with company standards and best practices.
- Producing dashboards and reports, as directed and may participate in technical projects to develop acumen.
- Building knowledge through participation in department initiatives.
- Provides feedback for the improvement of practices and processes.
- Updates department documentation as requested.
- Building working relationships with users to gather requirements for BI development or provision.
What we are looking for:
Typically no relevant experience is required but we are looking for someone who is passionate about using technology to help you make sense of data.
Experience in / Studied in :
- Information Technology, Mathematics, or related field
- Level 3 qualification (apprenticeship/A-levels/BTEC, etc)
- OR equivalent work experience (typically two years in a relevant role)
- 5 GCSE's, including English and Maths at Grade 4 (C) or above
- Experience with using Excel and Microsoft products (or similar)
You may also have a combination of qualifications and experience which demonstrate the minimum foundation needed for the programme. In this instance you could still be considered for the programme.
If you hold international equivalents of the above qualifications, at the time of your application you must be able to provide an official document that states how your international qualifications compare to the UK qualifications.
Upon successful completion of your apprenticeship, the business will look to offer a permanent position within the organisation should there be a suitable opportunity.
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.
QA is a leading provider of specialist software, IT and fully managed services in finance, Government and commercial markets.
QA Limited Interview Reviews
Entry Level Digital Technology Consultant15 January 2021
Business Analyst20 September 2018
It was a one on one interview covering some competency questions and going over your interest in the role, and CV. You are pulled aside during the group task at any time so you...
Gateway Consultant04 September 2018
It started with phone interview, where it asked basic questions about my knowledge, education and the role, after passing the phone interview I was invited to join assessment day...
Elsewhere on graduatejobs
Related :analyst apprentice limited
People who applied for this job also applied for:
Graduate Analyst - TPP
Data Analytics Graduate Programme
Babcock International Group
South West, Scotland, Plymouth
Wiley Edge - Graduate Software Engineer - UK
South West, London, North West, Scotland, Nationwide
Wiley Edge - Graduate Software Engineer - Bournemouth
South West, Bournemouth
Graduate Software Engineer
£28,000 to £35,000
South East, Milton Keynes
GCHQ - Cyber Operations Developer
South West, Gloucester