Cyber Security Analyst
- Up to £31,000 depending on experience
- South West, Bristol
- Start date:
- Job type:
- Graduate job
ALSO APPLY FOR GRADUATING SPRING 2020
UNLESS YOU HAVE GRADUATED (or about to) FROM A TECHNICAL CYBER SECURITY DEGREE OR COMPUTER SCIENCE (with cyber) PLEASE DON'T APPLY
this includes philosophy, criminology, IT, Business etc
Computer Network Defence Ltd are a broad-spectrum cyber security consultancy based in Bath and the Isle of Man, our Cyber Security Consultants enjoy the variety of work and breadth of our delivery.
Your primary role as a Security Analyst will be to monitor, triage, escalate and investigate security events of interest which have been detected across a number of platforms including; Vulnerability Management, Security Information Events Managers (SIEM), Cyber Threat Intelligence and raw sensors such as IDS firewalls, etc.
You will support the CND consultants as a Security Engineer on a number of other platforms and research security products. You will be supported by and work alongside some of the country’s top Security Analysts, Consultants and Architects.
- SOC Analysis for our MSSP clients, including Event Management and analysis.
- Review and respond to all alarms.
- Triage alarms and events, escalating where necessary.
- Vulnerability management and analysis using a variety of tools.
- Maintain accurate records for investigations and communications.
- Research and promulgate open source and cyber threat intelligence.
- Recommend false positive reduction tuning to senior analysts.
- Share cyber security knowledge and experience with non-frontline staff such as CND’s Recruitment Team
MUST BE PASSIONATE ABOUT CYBER SECURITY
- Be self-motivated, able to initiate and develop concepts and innovative ideas into solutions.
- Strong understanding of Windows.
- Excellent analytical skills with phenomenal attention to detail.
- Strong understanding of attack methodologies and the threat landscape.
- Demonstrable ability to work on own projects and within a team.
- Knowledge of several commercial or open source security products.
- Strong understanding of networking and TCP/IP.
This position would suit someone who has previous experience of working within a SOC environment or equivalent, alternatively a Cyber Security Graduate/ military leaver with cyber knowledge.
In line with Asylum & Immigration Legislation, all applicants must be eligible to live and work in the EU. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from candidates as part of the recruitment process. Furthermore, in view of the nature of the work, all potential employees will undergo stringent reference and identity checks.
If you have not heard from a member of the CND team within 14 days, please assume your application has been unsuccessful. To comply with GDPR, your application and any personal details will not be retained.
Computer Network Defence Ltd (CND)
CND has set out to distinguish itself from the crowd by focussing on ethical business practices, technically knowledgeable recruiters and consultants who love all things Cyber!
We continue to grow and pursue projects that interest our consultants and challenge our recruiters.
Sign up for job alerts - its free