Customer Support and Services Engineer Undergraduate Placement 2023
MBDA Missile Systems – Together. For the Future of Defence.
Customer Support and Services Engineer 10-month Undergraduate Placement
Customer Support and Services (CSS) is the MBDA customer facing organisation working with the RAF, Army and Royal Navy. We ensure our products are ready for action when required!
We have overall responsibility for the definition, development and delivery of support and service packages for all MBDA products, with the aim of continually being able to meet our customers' requirements.
Within this department you will see work right the way from concept phase through to disposal of a product - you'll even have opportunity to influence the design of what we produce to ensure it is supportable through its life!
Our Customers are incredibly important to us and you will be on hand to ensure that their requirements are met and the reputation of MBDA continues to prosper.
What's the opportunity?
The diverse nature of CSS means that there is the opportunity to work in very different roles and gain a broad understanding of the company, its products and our customers.
- Design and developing the support solution
- Investigate and resolve customer raised problem reports
- Delivering specific engineering tasks
- Running equipment workshops with RAF, Army, Royal Navy Users, Develop Technical publications and training
- Assist in repairs which could be on-ship, at Customer premises or back at MBDA, there are plenty of chances to get out of the office and hands-on with equipment!
The 10-month placement will be in one of the following areas in CSS;
- Supportability engineering - work in a development team on a new product.
- Support engineering - work on a product currently in-Service with a Customer
- Support Services - work with the Field Support & Training/Technical Publications/Supply teams.
Entry criteria, Salary and Start Date
- Studying a Degree in physics, engineering, manufacturing, mathematics or a related subject.
- Have an interest in the lifecycle of products.
- Enjoy solving exciting problems with innovative ideas.
- Comfortable working with people from different fields and looking for a role where every day is different.
- £20,000 salary (pro rata)
- 10 month placement to start September 2023
Why choose us?
MBDA is an award winning company; committed to providing an inclusive working environment where our employees can be themselves and everyone has equal opportunity to reach their full potential. We value difference and know that a diverse community makes for greater innovation and brings a breadth of skills, experience and perspectives.
We're here to help and want to ensure you have a positive experience throughout our recruitment process. We recognise that everyone is unique and we encourage you to speak to us should you require any advice, support or adjustments.
MBDA is a proud member of Working Families – the UK's work-life balance organisation. We welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements.
We understand that flexibility benefits our people, our teams and our business; wherever possible we will seek to accommodate a blended approach to on-site and remote working.
Follow us on LinkedIn (MBDA), Twitter (@MBDAcareers), Instagram (lifeatMBDA_UK) and Glassdoor or visit our MBDA Careers website for more information.
Please Note: MBDA UK requires all employees to achieve the appropriate clearance relevant to the role.
Apply now by clicking here, or using the 'apply now' button below.
MBDA UK Limited
MBDA, a world leader in missiles and missile systems, is a multinational group with 10,000 employees at industrial facilities in France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Germany, Spain and the United States.
MBDA UK Limited Interview Reviews
28 July 2017
The initial interview was very much standard, with standard interview questions. Ensure you read the competencies they are looking for before hand, and make sure you come up with...
Elsewhere on graduatejobs
Related :customer support engineer undergraduate placement mbda limited
People who applied for this job also applied for:
Retail Placement Programme
South East, South West, London, The East, East Midlands, West Midlands, Wales, North West, North East, Scotland, Northern Ireland, Yorkshire, Nationwide
Graduate Cloud Engineer – paid to train
£34k Starting Salary
Naval Architect – Marine and Energy - Summer Internship
Babcock International Group
Nuclear Safety Engineering - Summer Internship
Babcock International Group
South West, Plymouth
Spring Insight Programme
London, Scotland, Glasgow
Commercial Summer Placement 2023
£20,000 pro rata
3MBDA UK Limited
South East, Stevenage