Customer Experience and Product Development
OpenRent is the way people rent property online. Our platform empowers
landlords and tenants to arrange successful tenancies quickly, cheaply,
and efficiently. We’re dedicated to fixing an industry tarnished by
rip-off agencies. Thanks to an unrelenting focus on technology and the
customer experience, we now let more properties than any high street
agency in the UK and continue to grow rapidly.
Although we’ve grown our user base to a vast 5.4 million users, we’re very much of the startup mindset - a close-knit team of around 20 looking to transform an industry and have fun while we’re doing it. This is a fantastic opportunity to join a small team who are having a huge impact and building a household name brand.
About The Role
Core Team members respond to customer queries (email / SMS / phone) and
work to optimise our customer service processes. They also manage
relationships with our many suppliers and work directly with our
developers to make changes to our product - if you can demonstrate that
something is worth building or changing, then you’ll have the power to
do something about it.
Within 3 Months, You’ll:
- Be resolving customer queries, becoming an expert on our users in the process.
- Gain extensive industry knowledge and a deep understanding of the OpenRent product.
- Start suggesting improvements to our product and service.
Within 6 Months, You’ll:
- Be empowered to improve team processes and customer service operations as needed.
- See product improvements you’ve suggested go live and benefit landlords and tenants UK-wide.
- Take ownership of small-medium sized projects to develop our product.
Within 12 Months, You’ll:
- Be making informed decisions about the direction of the product.
- Be working directly with our developers to introduce new features and other changes.
- Be responsible for delivering large-scale product / operational project from start to finish.
The Ideal Candidate
- 2:1 from a top university.
- Enthusiastic about working in a startup environment.
- Calm and composed to deal with the customer-facing elements of the role.
- Ambitious and driven to ensure every process is being constantly tweaked and improved.
- Articulate - able to justify product decisions to the team and explain them to our software engineers.
- Technically proficient to deal with our internal tools and systems (mainly web-based).
- Available to work Monday to Friday and one Saturday around every 6 weeks - you will receive a weekday off in lieu for your Saturday shift.
- Passionate about our mission to fix renting for landlords and tenants
OpenRent is the way people rent property online - a top 300 website in the UK, and a force for good in an industry tarnished by rip-off agencies.